Broken tray door part, No idea how to replace or what its called?? HELP Pleeease!

Andydos

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2001 1.8T. A while ago the tray between the ashtray and the head unit broke. It is the one that has a type of up and over door that clicks open when pushed. Its held on by 3 clips but these have snapped. The problem I have is that I don't know what it is called. I have tried endless google searches using words such as coin tray, tray, coin box but all I can find are replacement ashtrays which is not what I need. Can anyone help with this? My last resort is speaking to the stealer about this and I'd assume I would be looking at £100 + to buy the whole tray from them. This I'd rather not do! Any help or advice would be great, Thanks!

Andrew :uhm:

When mine broke I found one on eBay - just did a search for breaking S3. Find someone breaking an A3 and ask them if they have the bit you're after.

Just had a quick look in the dealer repair manual and they refer to it as the 'Storage compartment in dash panel centre section'. If you don't have the manual you can get a copy from within this thread.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/110856-audi-a3-s3-workshop-manuals.html
Removal info is on page 68-25

Thanks very much, I will try that. I have a manual for the A3 and it lists all the storage compartments apart from that one! Thanks again.