Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Cool Broken tray door part, No idea how to replace or what its called?? HELP Pleeease!

    Hi All,

    I have a 2001 1.8T. A while ago the tray between the ashtray and the head unit broke. It is the one that has a type of up and over door that clicks open when pushed. Its held on by 3 clips but these have snapped. The problem I have is that I don't know what it is called. I have tried endless google searches using words such as coin tray, tray, coin box but all I can find are replacement ashtrays which is not what I need. Can anyone help with this? My last resort is speaking to the stealer about this and I'd assume I would be looking at £100 + to buy the whole tray from them. This I'd rather not do! Any help or advice would be great, Thanks!


  2. # ADS
    Join Date
  3. #2
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    When mine broke I found one on eBay - just did a search for breaking S3. Find someone breaking an A3 and ask them if they have the bit you're after.

    Just had a quick look in the dealer repair manual and they refer to it as the 'Storage compartment in dash panel centre section'. If you don't have the manual you can get a copy from within this thread.
    Audi A3/S3 Workshop Manuals
    Removal info is on page 68-25
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks very much, I will try that. I have a manual for the A3 and it lists all the storage compartments apart from that one! Thanks again.



Similar Threads

  1. Whats the part called?
    By Wheel Pimp in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th August 2010, 10:28
  2. hi all just wondering if anyone can tell me a part number or what they are called
    By the jammy one in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th July 2010, 10:28
  3. How much for this part and whats it called ?
    By bigblokey0 in forum Parts Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd April 2010, 13:12
  4. Can anyone tell me what this part is called..
    By L80EWY in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th March 2010, 17:16
  5. Idea of labour cost to replace ARB's??
    By leecs3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th June 2006, 21:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO