Audi A3 sat nav/DVD

Baurrz

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2002 Audi A3. I was wondering if..

1) Is the dashboard is 1 din or 2 din (I don't know the difference :/)
2) Why do I find it so hard to find a GPS DVD players for the 2002 model?
3) Can anybody recommend anything to me?

Thanks guys :)

What headunit is in there at present?

Single DIN units are 50mm in height, double DIN are 100mm. You can't change the size of the unit unless you get another cage from another A3 in the desired size.

You can retrofit an RNS-E (the new sat navs fitted in current Audis) or get an aftermarket unit. RNS-E is probably cheaper than most aftermarket double din GPS units. The alternative is to use a TomTom, I actually think it's easier using a TomTom or iPhone in cradle than looking down at the headunit.

I'm not too sure what head unit it is right now, it has an actual tape player that is 1 din then I have the air conditioning below. I've been looking more and it looks as if i need to take out the bottom shelf, and move the air conditioning unit down to make room for a 2 din cage.

Is it possible to take out the bottom shelf and move the air conditioning unit down?

cheers

I think it's possible to take out the shelf and move the climate unit down, but you'll need a 2 din cage to house it all in. Double check that you can fit the climate as the shape may be slightly different in a 2 din car, I shouldn't have thought it is though.

Ok cool thanks very much mate!! Once i have got all of the bits and bobs i shall make a project thread :)