Yearly service. What's required?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject my car is about due it's yearly service. The car is currently on 50K (I know the 60K one will be here soon cambelt etc...) So what is required?

I was thinking:

Brake Fluid
Fuel Filter
Plugs
Pollen Filter

Anything else required? (Not doing oil and filter only done 2K ago)

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

* Air filter condition
* Pollen filter condition
* Brake fluid level and condition/leaks (should be changed every 24 months)
* Brake pad thickness (wear limit officially 7mm but you can get away with 5mm)
* Bonnet catch lubricate
* Cooling, check antifreeze level content
* Battery Electrolyte/condition.
* Door hinge/arresters lubricate.
* Engine oil/filter change
* Gearbox oil check/top up
* Fuel filter
* Power steering level/leaks check.
* Ribbed (alternator) belt check/replace.
* Cambelt/water pump check.
* Spark plug check/replace.
* Sunroof slider lubricate.
* Track rod ends check for play.
* Visual under body seal check.
* Error code check.

Prob a few others, but thats all I can remember at the mo.

depends what was done last service mate, you can go buy the audi service book, icme service book they are all differnt.

parts arnt expensive anyway so just do the lot and then its done with

clean your air filter as well cuz you got carbonio ant you

Hopper - Yeah I've got a Carbonio so I'll check that while I am at it.

All -

So do I need to be using genuine Audi Antifreeze, Gearbox oil, Power steering fluid? Or can I get away with anyones?

Also Spark plugs which ones do I require? Might as well put uprated ones in while I am at it.

Cheers

You can get away with other brand fluids but make sure you get the correct grades.

Be aware that your cars cooling system is filled with G12 (pink) coolant. This is designed so that it never needs to be changed for the car engines life, so you only need to top it up with the correct mixture amount. Also G12 cannot be mixed with any other type of coolant otherwise it will become a brown sludge. If you need to top up, just get a small bottle of the genuine stuff as its cheap from VW.

Gearbox oil is synthetic from the factory, so make sure you get synthetic if you replace.

I'm pretty sure the power steering fluid is typical stuff, but again the correct grade needs to be used.

Before you buy, check the prices against a VW dealer as you may be surprised.

Spark plugs are NGK PFR6Q or Bosch F7LTCR. Get these from an after market source as they are silly expensive from Audi. Your plugs are copper anyway so you will not gain anything from "upgrading" They are longlife plugs the should be able to cope with 40000 miles of use easy.
You only need to think about changing the plugs if the car is chipped, when you should be thinking about a colder range plug.