Recaro Seat Help (Urgent)

Idrees

Reaction score
Website
www.id-workz.co.uk
Hi guys/girls,

My drivers side seat backrest stopped adjusting in the forward position weeks ago. I read somewhere that there is a switch under the seat and this could make the seat work again if I fiddle with it. I've unbolted the seat but can't any switch or any button anywhere.

Has anyone done this before, if so could you please tell me where about this switch is? Preferable ASAP as I need the car in 45 minutes!

Cheers
Idrees

They are micro-switches inside the seat, IIRC they are on the same side as the switches you use to adjust the seat. They are tiny - about 12mm x 5mm.

You really need to have a look at the A3/S3 interior manual as you'll struggle to find them without it - you are also likely to have to take some parts of the seat apart to get full access unless you have tiny hands.

There is some more info in this post - including a link to the manual, plus a link to another thread which has the part number if the switch is knackered.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/127812-electric-recaro-problems.html

Good luck.