Team Heko Wind Deflectors

niallh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My set of these arrived in the post this morning. Fitted them and the front ones and they stop the windows from reaching the top of the frame, they roll back down, the Anti-catch feature or something. Any advise on how can I stop this from happening?

First of all is the deflector in there properly? When you put the window up, make it go up slowly and not shoot up automatically. Yes you have to keep flicking the button when you do it to stop it from going into auto mode but do that until it goes all the way in and the window will adjust to it.

take them out and refit them bud, ive had 3 setsof these on my s3 now and previous cars and never had a problem, they might just be locted abit wrong.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DeeGee68
Do they actually make any difference on the S3?

I added the factory wind deflectors on my Legacy GTB import and I'm sure the wind noise with the windows closed increased and the deflectors actually seemed to do ****** all with the windows open a smidgen.

Last edited:
they work abit yeah like when your on the motorway and want the window cracked and it lashing with rain or whatever, tbh i got them because i like the look of them i wasnt worried if they did anything or not lol :icon_thumright:

Have you got a pic with more of the car in from the side? Quite like the idea of these.

I've got some on my 8P, they do add a bit of wind noise with the windows shut on the motorway.

Good thing is you can have the window open a bit when it's raining without getting a free shower and if you have the window open on the motorway the noise is reduced.

Reactions: DeeGee68
They look good man been thinking of this since the ****** weather started sick of rain coming in on me

I just fitted mine to my B5.
I can post pics if you want but its a Avant A4, so nothing like your S3s. :)

They was easy to fit but the fronts did need some adjustment so the windows will close with one touch.
Over all good.

I just fitted mine to my B5.
I can post pics if you want but its a Avant A4, so nothing like your S3s. :)

They was easy to fit but the fronts did need some adjustment so the windows will close with one touch.
Over all good.

Yea stick em up anyway mate!

Here is some chips.

With out wind deflectors
8a5c362b.jpg

b3bb9a95.jpg

b3d9cd8b.jpg

Wind deflectors with windows down

1a04c6cc.jpg

ebf5d339.jpg

Wind deflectors with windows up

00e9dfcb.jpg

af92407b.jpg

05cb7a66.jpg

2c10d132.jpg

806200b6.jpg

15f8ef9f.jpg

Fitting is relatively easy.
Peel off the double sided sticky tape and push the rears in to position. Shut the windows to make sure they are correct and not trapping any thing. Open the windows insert the clip at the larger end of the rear deflector. Shut the window, job done.

Fronts a bit more tricky. Same thing with the tape and and closing the window once fitted but getting the deflector in to the window frame is a bit harder. You need to get the bottom in as much as you and at the top right. Then twist and bend a little bit in the middle to fit the rest in. They are very bendy in the middle bit so you'll be ok.
Once in and happy, push the two retaining clips in at either end, stand back and admire your work.

one small issue.
the mirrors touch the deflectors.
might be ok with normal mirrors but not sure what or if any effect on the motors of auto mirrors.
time will tell.

Took me 10 minutes to fit mine and it was simple to do. They come with instructions of what to do - Push the front in first, then the back, and then slide up into position.

I had the problem with the windows bouncing back down, and found that it was as a result of the deflector by the wing mirror, just push it in hard enough and it'll get out of the way of the window that's trying to come up.

Here's what mine looks like with them on, although you can hardly see them in the light:

374206_10150392424442285_509002284_8383162_990429314_n.jpg

/CarWhoring

Try opening the window for a bit of fresh air when it's raining and see how good the aircon is at drying your arm:)

Hopping to get an answer on this old post. How do I apply the metal clips. Don't want to damage the rubbers. Help please

I didn't bother putting the metal clips in. Mine haven't budged since.

Watch this with volume turned right down -

I would use the clips as mine have moved a few times.

Each to their own...

I just didn't like the idea of pushing metal clips into the relatively soft window runners.

Thanks for the replies. Will put them In tomorrow.

wierd. i tried to fit these on friday but the window wouldnt go up no matter how much i fiddled. it kept catching and the saftey thing made the window go back down. so i did some reading and was already to try the forcing the window up in stages and and give it some wiggling but it just slotted in and worked straight away!
took me longer to get the paper off the sticky tape than it did to actually fit them in the end!

Just extra wind resistance if you ask me, if you added the surface area of them up, I think you would be surprised how many square inches they come to, for example, the seams on a classic mini are actually 52 square inches, which is why racers remove them and seam weld the shell.

im just hoping it stops the annoying drips off my roof bars that come through my window