JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sounds expensive.... lol.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    Let's derail the thread some more...

Bill, whats it like trying to race a fwd 600odd HP car, surely there comes a point where 4wd would be able to utilise that power more of the time?
    Or do you win the races anyway so it doesn't matter lol
    in race trim its turned down to tractable(ish) level
    on full chat it will spin up every gear in the dry, so not much point.. We have to use list 1a tyres for combe saloons, which is regular tyres.. not even track day rubber, so that limits power effectively. Its nice to know I have it is about all I can say - lol
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

2. # ADS
    ADS

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    OK, so to re-rail - the Haldex is not working at all again this morning, making the yellow thing like a nuclear bomb with no guidance system.

I was hoping really that this problem would just go away, but sadly that appears to not be the case. Booo.

Will go out and scan it in a bit.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    OK, so to re-rail - the Haldex is not working at all again this morning, making the yellow thing like a nuclear bomb with no guidance system.

I was hoping really that this problem would just go away, but sadly that appears to not be the case. Booo.

Will go out and scan it in a bit.
    Ahh man I remember when mine was fwd and that was mad.. Yours must be crazy! Hope you get it sorted mate! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

colicabcadam
    what did you change? the whole unit? is the pump built into the unit? or is it external?

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by colicabcadam View Post
    what did you change? the whole unit? is the pump built into the unit? or is it external?
    Is that question for me? If so I changed the controller, from what I know the pump is separate I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

colicabcadam
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Is that question for me? If so I changed the controller, from what I know the pump is separate I think.
    LOL - for OP lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Activate the haldex oil pump in output tests and get underneath to check the pump is buzzing away. When I replaced my diff, I fitted the new one to find it didn't work for 2 reasons.
    1- my replacement diff was off a 03 R32 with esp and mines a 99 apy with no esp. The late ESP controller did not work with my non ESP car. Weirdly the r32 haldex ecu wouldn't even communicate with my abs (can bus difference possibly?)
    2- the replacement diffs oil pump wasn't working properly and made the car run in 2wd all the time.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by colicabcadam View Post
    Not changed anything yet, trying to avoid changing anything...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BENJAMIN View Post
    Activate the haldex oil pump in output tests and get underneath to check the pump is buzzing away. When I replaced my diff, I fitted the new one to find it didn't work for 2 reasons.
    1- my replacement diff was off a 03 R32 with esp and mines a 99 apy with no esp. The late ESP controller did not work with my non ESP car. Weirdly the r32 haldex ecu wouldn't even communicate with my abs (can bus difference possibly?)
    2- the replacement diffs oil pump wasn't working properly and made the car run in 2wd all the time.
    I ran the output test earlier and I could hear the haldex doing it's thing. Have been driving it about today as well and have had no AWD issues. Intermittent at best, and the front only seems to spin in the wet.

I wonder if the haldex is still working, but the front tyres just can't grip in the wet. Not sure. Weird. Having said that, had noises from the back recently which have stopped now, and a haldex fault code... It's got to be on it's way out to be fair.
    Homer Simpson

Chugger

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I ran the output test earlier and I could hear the haldex doing it's thing. Have been driving it about today as well and have had no AWD issues. Intermittent at best, and the front only seems to spin in the wet.

I wonder if the haldex is still working, but the front tyres just can't grip in the wet. Not sure. Weird. Having said that, had noises from the back recently which have stopped now, and a haldex fault code... It's got to be on it's way out to be fair.
    I hate to say it, but trying a simple oil change may do the job? Iv read loads of times that this fixes alot of problems
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    I hate to say it, but trying a simple oil change may do the job? Iv read loads of times that this fixes alot of problems
    Did consider that - only had one done inside the last 5K ish though. If problems continue I might before changing the whole diff.
    Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123