quick help someone .... info about my RS4 reps

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Hi

just un packed my RS4 reps... there is no dish in the alloys... the spokes are really flat.. the ones i saw from Leigh tyres had a nice dish to them

On the back they say 18x8 and ET35

is this correct??

thanks

they might be RSTT style ones.... they're slightly different - maybe they shipped u those, or they don't know there is a difference & are selling them as the same thing?!

they are the RSTT style ones as they have the groove all the way around the spoke but i thought they would still have a dish

what is the correct offset for the s3 with 18x8"?

Yeah mate there are two different types:
some are dished and have the recessed edge running all the way around the spoke.

The others fade out the recess as the spoke runs to centre and these are the early replicas.

RS4's and RSTT's OEM's look identical except they are different offset and widths. RSTT's are the optional extra available for the S-line TT and S3 from factory. Hope it helps, also that guy from leigh tyres seems a cool guy, im sure he'll swap em.

offset should be ET33 IIRC

I dont think any of the replica's are as concaved as the factory ones. Why not go for the R007 mtm reps, they dish quite a bit!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah mate there are two different types:
some are dished and have the recessed edge running all the way around the spoke.

The others fade out the recess as the spoke runs to centre and these are the early replicas.

RS4's and RSTT's OEM's look identical except they are different offset and widths. RSTT's are the optional extra available for the S-line TT and S3 from factory. Hope it helps, also that guy from leigh tyres seems a cool guy, im sure he'll swap em.

offset should be ET33 IIRC

[/ QUOTE ]

The width and offset are fine. OE wheels are ET33 but aftermarket are generally ET35.

Rich

these are the ones from leigh tyres

DSC00728_JPG.jpg

see a definate dish to the wheel

mine are pretty much flat

its tough to tell till you see them with the centre cap on, have you tried them on yet?

centre cap is on already.... there is deffinately no dish on mine.... i just called rochford and they definately use the same supplier so it must be the offset is deiiferent

No the offset has no bearing on the style of the wheel. The offset difference is handled at the hub (where the wheel meets the hub of the car, where you'd put a spacer). A more dished style just means the hub wouldn't be as thick.
Mine are dished but not as much as an RS4 or a TT

I understand what you think about the offset not affecting the style of the wheels.

well it must mean that they have changed supplier between when trekbiker got his in december and no in april /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

really ****** annoying as i cant put up with these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif they just dont look right!

Send them back, or see if they will swap them for another type, get the RS6 type.

It is ****** annoying saying as you only used them after seeing trekbikers etc.

Its the same with the mtm reps, there are some poor ones and some very good and they seem to vary each time.

i'm gonna drive there tomorrow and swap or refund them

didnt really want the RS6 type though... had my heart set on these ones now.

you got a good pic of yours in the daylight with the MTMs on?

also... i didnt use Leigh tyres.... im still waiting to speak to them to see if the can offer me what i want... i used Rochford as leigh had no stock plus i was told they use the same supplier!!??

I'll post one tonight as soon as i get in, should be done for around 18:00 but they will be scruffy!

Now the suspension has settled again and i changed the wheel bolts to black ones they look much better.

Hope you get them sorted matey as you will never be happy if you dont swap them now.

cool, pics would be a realy help.... its either the rs4's or the mtms but im definately gonna swap these ones... if i can get rs4's with more of a dish i'll be happy if not i'll try the mtm's

Errm .. I'm supposed to be visiting rochford tomorrow morning to pick up some "18 rs4's ... now I'm having second thoughts. Nervus ... Can you pm the pics to me as well?

Cheers

right all sorted i think

phone Leigh tyres and they have the wheels i want... all reserved ready for me tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

he does use a different supplier but sometimes f he is short he buys wheels from rochford!

his ones are definately with the 'dish' and are ET33

thanks for advice everyone... was a bit panicy when they turned up wrong

I just checked mine and they are dished also! I got mine from Rochford about 1yr ago.

Glad you got it all sorted mate!