Exhaust question??

vince, A3 turbo

Reaction score
Alright guys
this might be a stupid question but does a 20v turbo engine need back pressure to run correctly ?
I recently removed my centre box and really happy as it's still quiet and car feels like it pulls harder at lower revs, im going to do 3" downpipe and decat ( might go straight through 3" when I'm running a k04 but I don't no what to do with the back box as I don't want to see the tail pipes, would it be really loud if I removed it all together and had no boxes,cat etc?
If so do you know of any good back boxes were the tail pipes are hidden?
Thanks guys

i got 3"dp/de-cat, straight throught centre section, high flow backbox. still boosts to 14PSI without any problems

powerflow do a backbox which it hidden, the pipes point straight at the floor and box is hidden behind the bumper, my mate has one on his euro'd 18t passat, still sounds lovely not booming rore but turbo noise on acceleration, and you cant see it... win win in my opinion

just give them a call bud and explain what you want, and there custom build it for you... Exhausts - Custom Stainless Steel Exhausts - Powerflow Exhausts - High Performance Sports Exhaust Systems.

i went to there retailer in wolverhampton a couple of years back (on a sat when the boss aint around ;) ) and bought a load of exhaust bits and welded it all together myself, cheap!!! i gave the 2 boys in the garage a £50 pound note each and they filled my boot up lol

still got a rear silencer and tailpipe spare in my shed, but its a twin 2" round

Cheers dude I'll ask them :)
Haha that sounds ace, well good idea,
What back box is it mate? And how much?
Couldn't I just cut the tips off and weld some 90z on? What size inlet ?
Thanks mate