Badger5 TIP ordered, just a few questions

scotty_24

Reaction score
Well I've finally went and bought a Badger5 tip from awesome Gti today :)
However, I've had an email saying they are out of stock and will send me one ASAP, I presume this is because they are either waiting for stock or arrange a drop ship direct from badger5?
Also when it comes to fitting, what sealant is popular to seal the billet adaptor to the turbo?
Last thing I want os the sealant breaking up and flying through my turbo!
I'm really excited, can't wait to get it fitted !

Loctite silicone sealant or any silicone sealant really. I think that's what bill said would be good to use, just to be on the sure side, PM bill.

I had mine smoke tested few week back and from the part your onabout reducer onto turbo ****** out smoke then all of a sudden stopped
need to no what to use too as just got too screws in now everywhere else is sealed the

Well I've finally went and bought a Badger5 tip from awesome Gti today :)
However, I've had an email saying they are out of stock and will send me one ASAP, I presume this is because they are either waiting for stock or arrange a drop ship direct from badger5?
Also when it comes to fitting, what sealant is popular to seal the billet adaptor to the turbo?
Last thing I want os the sealant breaking up and flying through my turbo!
I'm really excited, can't wait to get it fitted !

There is stock here, and no unfulfilled orders sat here for Awesome
there was an order which will be received by them tomorrow (blue one) which may or may not be yours? left here today if so.

silicon should be used to lightly smear on the inside of the billet part before rotating whilst fitting onto turbo intake.. and grub screws should have some loctite applied to both seal and secure them. Wipe of any excess silicon which extrudes into the bore taking care not to smear anything onto the turbo comp wheel. If tyhis is done properly it is 100% sealed. there is only 0.1mm clearance between billet adaptor and turbo OD so even if there was a smoke leak, it will not be an inlet airleak as there is no restriction or inlet vacuum with the B5 large TIP... cos it flows so much.
regards
bill

Thanks I'll be getting that then it just wierd did it once and stopped no running probs with it tho just want to seal the baby tight

Hi Bill, yeah that sounds like mine :)
Brrilliant Il get some sealant and follow your instructions, Thanks for the help.
I cant wait to get it fitted!

Cheers

it will look like this when installed.. Trimmed approx 40mm off the top part to fit with this setup fyi
80mm-tip-blue-s3-1.jpg

80mm-tip-blue-s3-2.jpg

80mm-tip-blue-s3-3.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet cheers Bill, I have thr 007p, jetex and neuspeed heat shield, and every engine bay hose available from forge in blue so mine will look very similar to above.
Next on the list is a stage 1 map to compliment the TIP :)

here is a neuspeed heatshield with JR (spaced out note) on 80mm TIP. JR filter is wider than neuspeed heatshield.
tip-installed-JR-1.jpg

Need one of these in my life, but santa never got me one :( nevertheless its on the list, after tyres!

Yeahh the fronts kept deflating, I had to get a part worn one for now. The rears have negative camber do the outside has worn more? So 4 new Michelin ps3's for me! Lol.

Yeahh the fronts kept deflating, I had to get a part worn one for now. The rears have negative camber do the outside has worn more? So 4 new Michelin ps3's for me! Lol.

Odd, I put new vavles on the fronts(both sides) before I sold it to you, and the rears have adjustable tie bars, always worn evenly when I drove it!

Odd, I put new vavles on the fronts(both sides) before I sold it to you, and the rears have adjustable tie bars, always worn evenly when I drove it!

Obviously not pushing hard enough through the twisty bits...

i was going to add my experience of fitting the B5 V2 TIP in my thread but il add to that instruction thread first. i had a couple of niggles you see and in the end i had a fast effective way of fitting it.

-ve camber wears inside edge not outside..
track will be outside unless you have lots of +ve camber (unlikely)

-ve camber wears inside edge not outside..
track will be outside unless you have lots of +ve camber (unlikely)

Maybe I got it the wrong way round lol. It's defo the outside positive! When I jacked the car up the bottom of the wheel points inwards, both of them?

It's arrived today :) fitting tomorrow.
Anyone want my old forge one? Lol
I didn't realise it came with the jubilees as well, very impressed! Cheers bill

It's arrived today :) fitting tomorrow.
Anyone want my old forge one? Lol
I didn't realise it came with the jubilees as well, very impressed! Cheers bill

comes ready to go, as should all TIPs... nothing more frustrating than opening a part then realising you need to source some other parts?!?!

Awesome news, mine arrived this week too!

can't wait to get it fitted! Properly excited :)

Great, how does it go now? :)

The difference in noise is unbelieveable, it sounds and feels like the turbo spools up effortlessly. It also seems to pull harder through the rev range.
All in all another happy customer :)
Next on the list, exhaust and remap!

I read on here somewhere that the Badger 5 TIP with jetex cone can add an extra 20bhp? Can someone clarify please? And if so, how so? I've just fitted mine and I have no explanation to a friend why the increase is around 20bhp.
He reckons its just a hose...

Last edited:
I read on here somewhere that the Badger 5 TIP with jetex cone can add an extra 20bhp? Can someone clarify please? And if so, how so? I've just fitted mine and I have no explanation to a friend why the increase is around 20bhp.
He reckons its just a hose...

Got to admit that I was very optimistic about any gains from the Badger5 TIP & Jetex cone filter, especially on my car with no other engine mods other than a rather old AmD stage1 map! But according to my RR results, and the way the car 'feels' out on the road, it has given me 15-20bhp, so quite happy with the results myself!!

Thanks for the link Bill. I tried to explain but he's not getting it. Guess he's not familiar with good engineering!
The fact that nearly all S3 mods include a B5 TIP says it all really. It has certainly improved mine for sure.

its increased airflow, simples.

std tip on remapped car actually causes a small vacuum in the stock tip under full boost, such is the air demand, and inability of a normal sized tip to provide it.

increase the internal bore all the way to the turbos mouth, 80mm internal diameter @ turbo intake, and it breathes all it wants and makes it more efficiently flow. same boost - more flow. Win Win

Its all about the Flow being my personal Mantra :D