Spraying S3 mirrors aluminium? Anyone done it?

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
has anybody thoughts about spraying theirs? I want alu mirrors but dont want them nicked so im thinking of spraying mine. Probs wont look 100% real but the new ones are sprayed and if they are nicked then atleast your not forking out £00's for mirror casings? anyone sprayed theirs? I wanna do mine but thoughts to which spray and they best way to do them?

has anybody thoughts about spraying theirs? I want alu mirrors but dont want them nicked so im thinking of spraying mine. Probs wont look 100% real but the new ones are sprayed and if they are nicked then atleast your not forking out £00's for mirror casings? anyone sprayed theirs? I wanna do mine but thoughts to which spray and they best way to do them?

Sell them, make loads, buy std ones your colour, pocket profit... simples..

<tuffty/>

Should also be pointed out that the point of aluminium mirrors on a 'S' car is that they look aluminium... wasn't done for the lightness.. :)

<tuffty/>

Mmmm sounds like a plan.. Wanna buy some mirrors tufty :cool: haha

Not me mate... but they fetch decent enough money on eBay (which is why they get nicked lets face it)... and yours will prob be the only legit set on there if you list them LOL

<tuffty/>

Not me mate... but they fetch decent enough money on eBay (which is why they get nicked lets face it)... and yours will prob be the only legit set on there if you list them LOL

<tuffty/>

LOL probably true! Im not fussed about having them because I think the car looks nice with the Normal mirrors but If they look decent enough to look alu then worth a shot. Ive got a spare mirror in the garage, i'll play with that and report back with some feedback on how they look? If they look remotely good then could be good consumer advice :D

Kiddah Gops what you up to bro. Think it was Sandeep that sprayed his like Matt silver. Wait for him to reply.

PHD THE SPRAY SHOP
PAUL HARRIS
23 silverbirches,aston road bromsgrove
b60 3ex worcestershire, Worcestershire
United Kingdom

Phone: 01527|558166
Email: thesprayshop@btconnect.com

Try this guy he does metalized spraying that can actually look like chrome or brushed steel
I saw it on eBay
Type in- metallised spray painting

Wrap them in aluminium foil!

Lol it'll look a part of the space Program if I do!

Might just give that guy a call Aaron cheers for that! I've got a spare mirror so I'll try it on that, if it looks crap then I'll get a wrap. The only thing was I wasn't sure if the wrap would fit around the tight edges?

Lol it'll look a part of the space Program if I do!

Might just give that guy a call Aaron cheers for that! I've got a spare mirror so I'll try it on that, if it looks crap then I'll get a wrap. The only thing was I wasn't sure if the wrap would fit around the tight edges?

I used some metalic paint from halfrauds, but i wouldnt laquer them as it ruins the shiney finish.

I've sprayed mine, very easy and fairly cheap to do...

A can of primer, silver of your choice and i got satin laquer. Just take your time and don't rush it, thin even coats and you'll get a good finish :cool:

P4240318-1.jpg

I've sprayed mine, very easy and fairly cheap to do...

A can of primer, silver of your choice and i got satin laquer. Just take your time and don't rush it, thin even coats and you'll get a good finish :cool:

P4240318-1.jpg

Wow that's really good!! Did you use grey primer? What silver did you use and where did you get your stuff from? Gonna do this!

Last edited:
Yep, used grey plastic primer. Can't remember the name of the silver i got but i got it all from Halfrauds though :)

Make sure you rub the mirrors down thoroughly and another trick...shake the can then put the can in a bucket of hot water whilst you prepare the mirrors

An old retired bodyshop guy told me this...lol

Wicked cheers Sandip! Did you use the lacquer from halfrauds? Thanks for the tips! I'll post some pics when I get around to doIng it!!

sweeeet! Cheers man, i'll have a look and see which one is the best! :D