Possible traction control issue?

stevewushu

Reaction score
My S3 seems to be losing serious traction around bends especially in the damp. And the traction control light flashes on when I do do.
The ESP button is on so I'm assuming that there may be an issue with it?
Anyone had this prob also?

Didn't have this prob with my previous pre facelift S3 before, and not when I purchased this one (x-reg) 6 months ago.

Hi
im having the same issues as yourself.
my tc light keeps flashing in the wet when i put my foot down or in and out of corners.
In the dry my car is fine, it grips well and the rear wheels cut in when i try to wheel spin.
I think my problem is rubbish tyres. they are kendra crap. they were on when i got the car.
Im quite happy to continue till i can afford a decent set.
i aint a mad man trying to break records around my local area.
hope this helps

My S3 seems to be losing serious traction around bends especially in the damp. And the traction control light flashes on when I do do.
The ESP button is on so I'm assuming that there may be an issue with it?
Anyone had this prob also?

Didn't have this prob with my previous pre facelift S3 before, and not when I purchased this one (x-reg) 6 months ago.

Turn the traction control off ;)

Turn the traction control off ;)

Lol was going to suggest that,

The traction light flashes to say its working and cutting the power so your car is fine. Try better tyres as suggested or just take corners at a reasonable speed lol

Yeah the tyres are cheapo ones, and I usually drive sensibly it's just that on occassion I have wanted to see where the cars cornering limit is (when it's safe to do so), and that's when I found it sliding unusually more than normal in damp conditions.
But if the TC light flashes on when it happens at least I know it's working!
Does it make much difference that I have 18's on and lowered at bit?

ESP is not the same kinda 'driving aid' that cars like Evo's etc come with... it can't fight the laws of physics either... if you have crap tyres you will find a ditch... its probably the ESP that has saved you so far with cheap tyres on tbh...

<tuffty/>

Yeah by the sounds of it the crap tyres are the only culprit. Like I said, in the dry it grips like it should.
Time for a change!
Thanks for the info on TC guys.

Mine is so predictable I know when to start recording it! happens often after the car sits for 3 or 4 hours.
I'm still trying to understand the issue but it looks like after 200 meters from the start that's when TC goes nuts.

Even on dry conditions, not accelerating hard, it happens like clock work.

I did have to replace my front right tire at 2000 miles because of a puncture.

2018 RS3

errrm? are you just showing off? this is an 8L forum.. not a "brand new space-shuttle" forum..

my TT 8N (Same as S3 8L) keeps cutting in traction control on tight slow corners even with little or no power - it is a comms fault, I have taken out the spare wheel to see if it is pushing on the wiring or not.