Large port head help

v5 tt

Reaction score
Hi i see quite a few people here run large port heads i recently picked up an AGU cylinder head complete with valves and cams
is this a straight swap? will i have to change the cams over ? its for a TT i guess this is the same set up for the S3
any advise on this would be appreciated cheers !

What TT? whats teh engine code/yeear?

Genarally speaking I get the exhaust guides changed and renew the valve stem seals when doing a head swap... the exhaust guides are the ones that wear the most from a fairly low mileage too... worth getting them done..

I then generally swap the cams and tensioner over as I think the AGU has a single window cam position trigger and would imagine yours maybe a 2 window type...

Depending on the mileages etc I have also swapped over the followers if the histories are known...

Essentially use the parts known to be working in the donor head... the head castings are essentially the same across all 1.8t's so the bits are interchangeable... however if you find you need to use the valves/springs then swap as a set as I have seen differences between an AEB head and an AMK head so the AGU could also be different...

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffty its 2000 225 APX so non VVT like the AGU ,the guy i bought it off sold it privately but worked at a tuning company he said it was in perfect condition although in transit one of the studs that the cam cover goes over is slightly bent so i hope these can be removed ok ? i suppose it could be worth getting a cylinder head company to check it over just to be sure might get the exhaust guides done as im approaching 140k on mine

Thanks for the advise !