Oil warning light

Bignick

Reaction score
I've changed my sump and put new oil pick up pipe on 3-4 wks ago, ive had the warning light come on a few times just as ive pulled into my road recently, i have checked levels and they are fine. is it likely to be a dodgey sender or is my oil pump going to want changing? i dont have access to VAG.com, and last night on my way back from a mates house the light came on 6-7 times i noticed it seemed to happen at low rpm. any suggestions would be appreciated ?

could be the sensor
are you geting the big oil light in the dis
or the small check light ?
red or yellow

Its the big one that screams at you, its red and fills the whole screen

I'd check the wiring that goes down the back of the engine.
Many peeps change the loom due to misfire (coils) but can also bring on the oil sensor (big oil can) on the DIS

Pat

If i had gone to the bother of changing the sump and the pickup I would certainly have stuck a new pump on it whilst in there. Was there any particular reason you didnt fit a pump whilst it was all apart ?

thats the low oil preasure warning
id say dont drive it till you find out whats up
check the connection to the sensor
if thats ok sump off check if the oil pickup pipe is blocked
if it is and you keep driveing it its gona cost £££££££££££££ when it goes turbo etc etc

Hi
i Had this problem on my s3, it is the oil presure warning light, my oil pick up pipe in the sump had a blockage. for what its worth id definatly take the sump off and have check it hasnt got blocked.

im not a mechanic so not sure what other factors may cause the oil pressure to fail....im assuming you put new oil in when you changed the sump...was it good quality oil ? right grade etc etc,

but as said already id strongly advise not to drive it until you have it sorted

hope you get it sorted

dom

Quick update, the problem turned out to be the sensor, replaced it and no more warnings. The reason the pump was not changed was, funds.