EM TuningVolks Autos
    FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Status

red or yellow dogbone bush? cant remember

hi hoping someone can remind me which is the better dogbone bush. i dont want the car to become a rattle machine by getting an ultra hard one. i remember reading a post about this which helped me make my decision but i cant find it now. any pointers would be much appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    Pussies buy yellow and men buy red.

HTH
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine has the red one fitted and it was done by a previous owner, I cant say I have noticed it being particularly rattley or noisy.

5th Gear

Status
    Most people use red and say yellow is too hard. I have a yellow one and it's fine. Down to choice really both good. Just yellow is harder than red
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

Professional

Status
    I read that Yellow gives more vibration, and red gives less, wasn't really sure myself at first, but ended up fitting a yellow one.

There is a slight increase in vibration, but not enough to worry too much about, and it's only on tick-over and pulling away.
    Audi S3 2001 AMK Gone!
    parts for sale in here.... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wa...ml#post1544516

5th Gear

Status
    Personally, I'd buy red.

Its Noticeably better than yellow with less vibration.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    Get it from Awesome GTi - Where I got mine from and quick delivery time great service.
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

1st Gear

Status
    Just fitted the yellow to mine I haven't noticed any increase in vibration.

2000 Audi S3 Black. Engine rebuilt Wossner internals, custom map, B5 3" TIP, Haldex blue, sport shifter, H&R ARBs, Green filter, 8P gear knob, 18" RSTTs, K-sport 8 piston 330mm brakes Ferodo pads front & rear, Nitrac disc rear, AP coilovers, adjustable tie arms, Powerflex bushes all round, yellow mount, LCR splitter, 3" DP & decat, 006p & Liquid CUBE, Forge FMIC, 550 injectors, CR Hybrid Turbo Stage 4 and Custom manifold

Audi S3 (310 bhp & 311 lbft)
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    CBR 600RR (08 )

2nd Gear

Status
    I used the yellow one and all is good . A little vibration at first but soon faded away . Only torque the main bolt that goes through the center of the bush to 12lb and the yellow is fine , think the people that say they get a lot of vibration have over tighten this bolt .
    Be a Man and go for the yellow red is for girls !

FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Status
    ha thats brilliant guys thank you. iv talleyed up all ur suggestions and 3 say red 4 say yellow so i might buy both and fit one to mine and one to my mates s3 then see what happens

1st Gear

Status
    That sounds like a plan. I agree with S3 JOHN that most of the problems seem to come from over tightening the centre bolt compressing the bush and causing vibration.

2000 Audi S3 Black. Engine rebuilt Wossner internals, custom map, B5 3" TIP, Haldex blue, sport shifter, H&R ARBs, Green filter, 8P gear knob, 18" RSTTs, K-sport 8 piston 330mm brakes Ferodo pads front & rear, Nitrac disc rear, AP coilovers, adjustable tie arms, Powerflex bushes all round, yellow mount, LCR splitter, 3" DP & decat, 006p & Liquid CUBE, Forge FMIC, 550 injectors, CR Hybrid Turbo Stage 4 and Custom manifold

Audi S3 (310 bhp & 311 lbft)
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    CBR 600RR (08 )

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Routledge View Post
    Get it from Awesome GTi - Where I got mine from and quick delivery time great service.
    Haha, Cheers for the plug man! I'm quite proud to say, it was actually me who got powerflex to produce the red one
    We've currently got 48 red ones and 24 yellow ones in stock ready for dispatch!

They can be found Here on our online store where we are also offering free shipping on everything across mainland UK at the moment!

Cheers guys!
    Al. Awesome Ltd.

5th Gear

Status
    I still believe that the red is better, hence the reason for its development.

Same effect as the yellow one has but with less steering vibration using more modern durable materials.

I'd also assume a better driving experience but only if one is measuring it in this way. If not, buy the yellow one.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

2nd Gear

Status
    I believe the red one was developed for diesel engines and the yellow one is for petrol .

Fan of the R-Tech!

Status
    Iv got the red fitted, very happy with it

1.8T SPORT AUM
    18" TTRS wheels, de-badged grill, tints, TIP, forge 007P, toyo sports oil catch can,
    3" downpipe + decat, Toyosports FMIC, 10mm lowering cups, N249 bypass
    S3 Front Brake Setup, R-Tech stage 1.5 custom remap 218BHP@229FT/LB

Progression Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...8t-thread.html

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Thinking of fitting one of these to my 8P 2.0TFSI. Is there a very noticeable difference?

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    When i fitted mine it transformed the car , gear changes a lot smoother and less juddering when pulling away . Well worth the money! easy to fit too!

5th Gear

Status
    Excellent modification. Worth weight in gold.

Car plants the power better as it prevents engine vibration.

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Hi all, silly question but the dog bone is the mount from the gearbox? Please correct me. And can ayone suggest decent wishbone bushs? Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    yes it is and powerflex are good bushs for everything .

FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Status
    i ended up buying 2 yellow ones after having a think about it some more. got them from awesome gti as recommended and good friendly service as routledge said. cant wait to fit it when it comes and will be a good surprise for my mate who doesnt know i bought him one yet. for the money how could i not!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Happydays ! just remember to replace all the bolts too as they are stretch bolts , only cost around a fiver from audi.