Audi symphony 2 stuck in safe mode.

walla

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking for some help. I've recently had to have the battery out in my car and the audio system is now in safe mode.

Now this has happened before and have entered the code and away I go. ermm.. This time I entered it wrong twice (I got the last two numbers muddled up) it now won't let me enter the code in at all.

I thought I'd leave it a day and see if it wants to play. But now i'm worried I've firmly locked it and now need to visit the stealers.

Any help appreciated.

There is a thread I started only a couple of days ago and there is 2 links in it and I found that if I took the battery off again for 15mins the radio would code its self and work.

Worked for me and it's only 15mins can't make it any worse.

Yes you need to wait an hour after 2 or 3 incorrect entries and then it will reset and let you enter the correct code

Just tried the battery disconnect but it still won't come out if the"safe" screen. Does anyone know if this can be done through vagcom?

disconnect the battery and the radio - go out and enjoy new years eve, then re attempt in the morning

Ok so left the car disconnected overnight. Tried it this morning but no joy.

So tried the alternative reset method.

The procedure as follows. Keys in the ignition, ignition to the on position, power on the radio. Get the dreaded SAFE message. Leave the car like this for 1 hour (yep 1 hour). Then hey presto it allows you to enter the code, (carefully this time)

love the sound of the engine. But driving around with no music was getting tiresome.