Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    Interesting... Welcome to the boards Steve.

A friend of mine's just picked up a lovely S3 but his display is pixelated.. How did you get on changing yours? Did it take you long and was it complicated? Heard it can be a little risky if it goes wrong and can lead to you not being able to even start your car!
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 261.0BHP - 255.1LB/FT on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Routledge View Post
    Interesting... Welcome to the boards Steve.

A friend of mine's just picked up a lovely S3 but his display is pixelated.. How did you get on changing yours? Did it take you long and was it complicated? Heard it can be a little risky if it goes wrong and can lead to you not being able to even start your car!
    I will be honest with you here, I am a qualified instrument technician so I am handy with a soldering iron and work with gauges and all sorts on a daily basis and doing the DIS was a complete nightmare of a job. Anyone who says otherwise is having a laugh.

I had planned to do mine and if it went well start offering a service to others and doing it for them. I quickly changed my mind !

I dont know about not being able to start your car etc if it goes wrong as It is just the LCD screen your touching and I dont think it affects the rest of the clocks as such however you really can completely destroy the cluster if your not carefull as when you remove the old screen the tracks on the PCB want to lift and break off.

It is extremely fragile and took me about 2 hours from start to finish. I expected it to take me about 30 mins tops !

If you had access to a proper soldering station designed for surface mount components then I would imagine the job would be a piece of cake, but thats expensive kit and not many people would be able to get access to it.

On the plus side, was it worth it ? My god yes ! the DIS is now perfect and extremely crisp But as I said, I have no intention of doing another one any time soon !

Neutral

Status
    Hi, also new to the forum. Got an audi s3 few months ago. Same lovely blue colour with the leather seats. This is easily the best car i have owned. Could have been mine you seen, im quite often on the m8 but i live right on the west coast.

As there seems to be a few people here from scotland, would anyone be interested in trying to arrange a group remap at a revo dealer? I wanting to get mine done in a few months once the weather starts to pick up. Let me know if your interested.

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    It might be worth asking Jim at Star for a group remap. I bought mine from him 6 years ago & still loving it!
    I wondered why with 65k on the clock it still drives like new & found out most of the bushes are poly bushes so that explains it!

Great car & Star are great to deal with & know VAG's inside out...
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

4th Gear

Status
    Going to get my car remapped this year iv put it off for too long!

1st Gear

Status
    Got my remap from jim at star performance just after buying the car last year and love it made such a difference to the way the car went was very surprised.

After some logging on vagcom i'm running about 255bhp and mines was the 210bhp model to start with :D

once i get my downpipe and sports cat and intercooler fitted this year i'm going to get him to tweak it a bit as got a badger5 on now to.
    Last edited by djx11b; 12th January 2012 at 15:10.

2nd Gear

Status
    How much does Jim charge for a remap ?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways steve View Post
    How much does Jim charge for a remap ?
    Its £325.00 for 1.8 Turbo cars!

STAR Performance: Audi Tuning

Neutral

Status
    Well u were right, Jim is great to deal with. Gave him a quick e-mail and he got back to me straight away with a cracking deal. Now im new to this forum so dont want to be breaking any rules. So ill post his reply but also get in touch with an admin to make sure this is all cool.

Kris, always looking to do a deal. I would do the old 1.8T & 1.9Tdi for
    £250.00 inc vat. The 2.0t would be £435.00 inc vat. Price does not include
    any dyno time.
    It would be good to have at least 10 cars, once you have a list of cars I
    would like to see them. I would then ask for a £50.00 deposit for each car &
    then the owner can arrange to come in when it suits them.
    Jim.

Dont think we can ask for fairer than that. I would be looking to get mine in about 2 months, so i can get a new exhaust and tip to make the most of getting the remap done. Let me know your thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12