MAF screws

Mo-S3

Reaction score
Can onyone who ha removed their MAF sensor tell me what number the security TORX screw is? It should be written on the Torx screwdriver itself, either a T15,T20, T25, T30 or T45.

Really grateful if someone could check it urgently.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Can onyone who ha removed their MAF sensor tell me what number the security TORX screw is? It should be written on the Torx screwdriver itself, either a T15,T20, T25, T30 or T45.

Really grateful if someone could check it urgently.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleaned mine a few days ago and it says TX20 on the screwdriver I used.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Forgot to add the TX20 screwdriver has a hole in the end as the screw has a small pillar in the centre.

You need a TPX or tamper proof torx screwdriver- you can buy these from any decent motor factor/accessory shop/ engineers merchant. For a reasonably priced product with a life time guarantee i recommend Teng Tools. They have a web site which is- toolstars.co.uk where you can use their postcode search database to find your nearest dealer. Regards. Paul.

Hey Mo, double check your screws though. Older MAF's have the 6 point Secure-Torx but the newer ones have a freaky 5-point one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I bought the Secure-Torx for mine... only to realize that my replacement MAF has the 5-point screws /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have checked the screws and they are the security type ones with the pin in the middle.
I was going to order the bit that fits into it and i just needed to make sure that i got the correct size.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I cleaned my MAF and it made no difference at all. Got a replacement on exchange from Audi (£75.10+VAT) and it definitely makes a big difference - better pick-up between 2500 and 3500 revs especially. Not HUGE but very noticeable. I had no errors from the ECU.

I had to hunt for a while to find security torx - ended up buying a small pocket set of bits from my local A.R.E car parts - they had a few sets on offer. Cost about 10 quid for a set of bits. Try car parts suppliers and not Homebase, B&Q, etc, none I checked had them and most people didn't have a clue what I was on about.