Testing my ultrasonic cleaner :) HELP

camscockle20vT

The stigs ugly brother
Reaction score
Hi all merry christmas and all that. So im sad enough to still be lurking asn and i though hi ho ill give my new ultrasonic cleaner a blast, so im using water and a drop of fairly liquid but the theing is buzzing like mad lol is that normal? And when i do my injectors should i just use water? Thanks for helping a slightly merry child with a new toy :)

Buzzing is normal, don't worry. I got my dad one for Xmas, and I'm already sick of the noise!

I used the proper 'James: sea clean' solution when I did my injectors. Not sure I'd want fairy inside them, so perhaps just warm water.
I'd give them at least 3 cycles of 5 minutes, with clean water each time

Buzzing is normal, don't worry. I got my dad one for Xmas, and I'm already sick of the noise!

I used the proper 'James: sea clean' solution when I did my injectors. Not sure I'd want fairy inside them, so perhaps just warm water.
I'd give them at least 3 cycles of 5 minutes, with clean water each time

Thanks for that dude, its a really handy bit of kit tbf, not sure about the 1000 uses but iv already cleaned jewllery and cds :) what other components of the 1.8t can benifit from a blast?

Old topic but i was wondering how to pull my injectors out? Take it that un plugging the battery and take the petrol feed pipe off is the basics but do the injectors just pull out? Or is there clips to be pressed in then pull? A linkey would be nice please :) as my laptop is out of reach and search is poo on tapa talk, thanks for any help.

run the engine and pull the fuel pump fuse, think it's no27. that'll de-pressurise the system.

Then just undo the 5mm allen bolts that hold the fuel rail down, remove the wiring loom, and pull it off!

the injectors will come out in the rail, then there's 4 little clips to pull the injectors out of the rail :)

run the engine and pull the fuel pump fuse, think it's no27. that'll de-pressurise the system.

Then just undo the 5mm allen bolts that hold the fuel rail down, remove the wiring loom, and pull it off!

the injectors will come out in the rail, then there's 4 little clips to pull the injectors out of the rail :)

Wiked, shall do this the weekend :)

By the way. I used washing up liquid on injectors when I leant someone the proper solution. They were fine.

Ahh good to know, the instruction manual says to use 3 quaters water and 1 1/4 washing up liquid.