Chris NottSky Insurance
    Events Moderator

Status

XS Power 3" DP & 200 Cell sports cat fitting

Just after some advice really as just got mine fitted, after the place telling me over the phone it could be anywhere between an hour to three hours... Took it in and they stuck it up in the air, to tell me the DP is buried and its a hell of a job! Long story short... 7 HOURS LATER it's done! they apparently had to drop the subframe and support the engine plus remove bits to get to it... I don't know how much of this was really required... apparently they even had to unbolt the seats... Anyway took it for a drive, slightly louder and pops and bangs nicely when you lift off. Also feels slightly quicker due to the less restricted air flow. However now I'm getting a slight metallic rattling noise when i lift off in 1st and 2nd gear, but not when i rev the car when not in gear, and not any other gears. Rang them back up and its going in to be looked at.. but can anyone shed any light on how easy/difficult it is to fit these? Also they said the hanger was in the wrong place to they had to cut it off and reweld it on... is this proof that the DP and cat are not the revised items I was told they were? Also did they need to do all that? I had a good look myself and you can only just see it from underneath...

Cheers, Josh
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Ooh dont be saying this mate. Ive just got mine through the post and looking at fitting mine soon but this doesmt fipp me with confidence!
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Elsa says to drop the subframe but I normally cut the old one off tbh.. easiest way we have found so far is to air chisel the flexi as is the weakest/softest bit...

Once cut its much easier to remove... 7 hours doesn't surprise me tbh.. they can be a complete arse to remove and Elsa makes it look so easy lol...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep is a pain in the a to do. Took about 5hrs the first time and 3 the next. Removing the subframe yes , but seats. Someone is telling porkies
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

Events Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Ooh dont be saying this mate. Ive just got mine through the post and looking at fitting mine soon but this doesmt fipp me with confidence!
    yeah i'm sure it will okay, a lot of the time taken was because they had made a custom cat back for me a couple of months back, and when they offered up the dp + sports cat, they needed to fabricate new brackets and trim the pipes etc. they spent enough time on it!

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Events Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Yep is a pain in the a to do. Took about 5hrs the first time and 3 the next. Removing the subframe yes , but seats. Someone is telling porkies
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Elsa says to drop the subframe but I normally cut the old one off tbh.. easiest way we have found so far is to air chisel the flexi as is the weakest/softest bit...

Once cut its much easier to remove... 7 hours doesn't surprise me tbh.. they can be a complete arse to remove and Elsa makes it look so easy lol...

<tuffty/>
    cheers guys, certainly feels better with it on though. just need to get this rattle sorted and then i'm away!

Build/project thread
    check it out!