Air conditioning question

I

imported_Wicked666

How much extra fuel does it use if I have it on? Is it really noticable?

[ QUOTE ]
How much extra fuel does it use if I have it on? Is it really noticable?

[/ QUOTE ]

In traffic yes, but if you are on the move, not too noticeable, also when you have the throttle on max, the compressor switches off until you lift off the throttle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

On average, if you have the aircon on, you will use 15% extra fuel.

If you use it sparingly bugs will breed and when you come to use it, it will stink to high heaven.

Personally mine is on all of the time. The choice is yours it think it's great and would never buy another car without it.

the audi climate control is excellent.

in my finger in the air estimations i dont think its as much as 15% more 1-2mpg. i worked this out by leaving it on for a tank and then not using it for a tank. not really scientic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (i guess 2 mpg could be 15% depending on how you drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

i tend to use econ most of the time tho, but when summers here i will be using air conl in all its glory all the time.

Wouldnt touch an audi without climate control

My AC never goes off. Couldn't have a car without CC Aircon now!

this does seem a bit strange to me, I bought the car partly because it was comfortable to be in... it's not like the compressor is on when it's not needed... so why do people buy a car with this feature then turn it off... especially as some people seem to say it turns itself off when you need the power??? if you want good mpg, get a TDi...

I drive mine with it on Eco mode quite a bit, just blowing warmish air. When it is hot it is on cold though. Could never have a car without it now. My old car had it as well and it is definitely a must have.

Havent really noticed any real difference with economy as I drive my car like a lead footed fool!

cheers guys. i've never had a/c before. Whenever its on 'auto' the a/c symbol comes on. I did assume this meant it was on all the time but imagine its only when its needed. Didn't want it to be activated unless I asked it to if it took loads of fuel, as it doesn't it shall stay on all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if you want save fuel press OFF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif or use the Econ button.

if you use Auto (without Econ on) the Air Con is on all the time. it might not be running hard, but its running. It is possible to use Auto with Econ.

Auto is good for getting to a set temp. So if running the compressor (econ off) it adjusts to the appropriate speed to get to and maintain the set temp. Cant see a point of running manual to be honest.