Plastic tray under engine

Crazypete00

Reaction score
Hey,

anyone know if the black plastic tray under the engine is needed for anything? went through a puddle (more like a river) because of a burst water main, and it ripped the thing off. it broke all the mounts, so will need to buy a new plastic tray, is it worth it?

Mine has snapped off half way back, so I have a similar dilema, though it does make for easier oil changes!!

I reckon they are worth having, stops stuff splashing into engine bay and maybe slightly effects aerodynamics. Mines never had one but would quite like one. Let's us know if you get the cost of one from the stealer

there are a few non OE copied one's on ebay, but don't know how they compare for quality, plus I don't think there is any sound deading on them, prices starting at £25

VAGCAT lists them at 90euro

Don't go to the stealers, I ripped mine off last year in the snow, cost me £85 on two pieces of Plastic.
Rang all the breakers and they all said the same "first thing to go mate" well worth getting it back on I reckon, keeps all the crap out.

I have a friend that hit a badger the other day and has since been using that engine tray as a grill tray for his road kill. It now stinks and requires an engine steam clean.

I'd leave on or run mine with it in situ as without it that badger really Might have mashed something up, instead of itself.