Upgrading Turbo

I

imported_kennyf

I currently have a 2001 S3 , remapped and m/tek system (inc cats). I'm interested in upgrading the turbo and I like to reach about 300bhp. Any ideas on options and cost, i.e hybrids or stage 2s any advice/ help is appreciated.

Kenny

I did but it doesn't really give the answers to the questions more a debate over the dif applications. TBH I'm really only interested in gain vs cost just as a rough guide.

Hi, depends how much you want to spend and whether your going to pay someone to do it for you or do it yourself. Been looking into it quite a lot lately ,as have many on here, thought about the k-26 that mtm use, gt28rs that ryan has andf the ihi that rich has. Manifold for the k26 is expensive whoever you buy it off(qst,rothe,dahlback) , gt28rs has to be custom made(ryan will tell me if I'm wrong on this one) and the ihi is quite reasonable and is available off the shelf from Jabba. Buy a VF34 off ebay and reorientate the housings etc.
It depends on how mechanically able you are really.
Being a tight Welsh b*****d , I want to do the majority myself, so am looking to scource the bits seperately.
Search for the thread on here about Richs' install. Might help you decide.

I'm going now, been typing for ages!!

Chris.

gt28rs manifold will have to be a custom job.