irritating missfire

s3matthewd

Reaction score
hi all wondered if you could be of any help eml light is on and every now and then get a miss fire i no its not the coil packs had them done,but noticed all the wires around the coil packs are showing bare metal could anyone tell me the best place to get a replacement part from looked on awesome but couldnt tell what 1 i need 1 is for a car with oil sensor and i guess the other 1 dosent my car is a 2001 facelift also is awesome the cheapest place to buy 1 from please help

You need to the loom with the level sensor wiring...

Have you scanned for faults? misfires aren't always down to the coil packs... could be a lean missfire or could be running rich... not enough info to diagnose your problem as yet... missfire happens at any particular rpm? under boost? is the car mapped? other mods you have done? any work done recently? was ok before then??

<tuffty/>

revo stage 1,miltek cat back,debaffled charge pipe,forge tip,pipercross panel filter,airbox smoothed and drilled,n249 delete,forge split r,havent had any thing done recently,dosent happen at any peticular time but as soon as it happened the first time it started missing,eml light started flashing and stayed then just started firing again

Need codes really... get hold of VCDS and check fault codes..

Bin the split R as it a pile of crap and won't be helping... they have a habit of causing misfires on gear changes etc..

if its flashing thats typically a mulitple missfire and is normally caused by too much fuel especially on cold start if you have a vac leak (such as a Split R would give you)

Put a std dv back on, read the fault codes and start from there... changing the loom will help of course but not seen one be the cause of missfires as yet...

<tuffty/>

thats the problem comes up with mutiple missfire only happens on gear change what dump valve would you say to get many thanks matt