AUM MAF on AGU?

sekenzo

Reaction score
Is a Maf from a AUM going to work on my AGU engine?

its the plug on the loom themselves that will be different, aswell as the sensor plug. housings are identical.

I feel bad for doing this, but you're wrong again dude :p

AUM/AGU maf housings are totally different! Haha. The sensor bolts on the agu housing are 90 degrees out compared to the aum/s3 style sensors, so housings are not interchangeable either!

This is why we need to use a vr6 3" maf housing for bigger turbos rather than an s3 3" housing

Sorry to drag this up, but it does show I've searched. Prawn, you say AUM/AGU then AUM/S3 MAF sensors....I have an AUM and am looking for the right part number but this has thrown me a little.

Looking around the prices are either £50, £75, £130 or £210 and none of which say it 'definitely' is an AUM one. Feel a bit lost, as you can imagine.

Just get the part number off your current maf.

Basically AUM and all newer 1.8T,s so LCR,S3<TT225 and AQU(MK4 Anniversary engines) have a different style maf to the old school AGU.
If you took your maf/part number to TPS they would give you the right one...
Or if you gave them your reg/vin number

I got a replacement maf from euro car part on exchange basis for 90 quid. otherwise your looking into the 100's from vw/audi

Sorry to drag this up, but it does show I've searched. Prawn, you say AUM/AGU then AUM/S3 MAF sensors....I have an AUM and am looking for the right part number but this has thrown me a little.

Looking around the prices are either £50, £75, £130 or £210 and none of which say it 'definitely' is an AUM one. Feel a bit lost, as you can imagine.

go to GSF, give them your reg and they will sell you the correct one.. Its 70mm OD and sensor is 049 inside..
S3 >2001 are same sensor but live in the 80mm maf housing.

Cheers Badger. I should have some spare time on the weekend but was just going to order one and get next day delivery. I've just been out and cleaned it with carb cleaner which made no difference so it's definitely a new one needed.

Cheers guys.