Hello everyone, new member due to a volcano black tdi se with extras

LregG

VAG lover...check youtube
Reaction score
Hi guys, i've been floating round numerous vag forums for a while now and i've recently joined on here as i have picked up a 110bhp tdi se with leather, climate, concert etc that has also had a -40mm suspension kit, projectwo (i think) bodykit and 18" wheels for what is an absolute bargain...

382750_10151067512220096_758855095_22578890_1049619348_n.jpg

382790_10151067514370096_758855095_22578905_32598008_n.jpg

382884_10151067516125096_758855095_22578918_380227581_n.jpg

I've been led to believe that the colour is fairly rare? The paint code is LZ9U and after a little search it is coming up as Volcano Black Mica Metallic.

Not sure if it's to everyones taste but i like it

Thanks for reading and once again, hello

Gregg

Last edited:
I do'nt think i have ever seen that colour,fair play mate!,good find!,so are you going to do anything else to it???

I've been led to believe that the colour is fairly rare? The paint code is LZ9U and after a little search it is coming up as Volcano Black Mica Metallic.

Not sure if it's to everyones taste but i like it

I wouldn't say it's a rare color, mines Volcano and so is Prawns, there are a few of them kicking about so it's nothing to shout about. IMO it is the best color, far better than boring old black.

When you say a complete bargain, how much did you pay?

Also, you are from Alton. I was born and bred there, quite a long shot, but you don't own a turbo Polo do you? :icon_thumright:

I do'nt think i have ever seen that colour,fair play mate!,good find!,so are you going to do anything else to it???

Maybe a front mount and egr delete at the least...apart from that, i'm trying not to modify it (famous last words)....it's just a comfy cruiser for the weekends really, i have a stripped out (not even a dash) mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v for a toy (soon to be VR6T) and a weekday/part collecting/high mpg mk3 golf tdi trusty rusty that is soon going to have a twin tank veg oil/diesel conversion.

I wouldn't say it's a rare color, mines Volcano and so is Prawns, there are a few of them kicking about so it's nothing to shout about. IMO it is the best color, far better than boring old black.

When you say a complete bargain, how much did you pay?

Also, you are from Alton. I was born and bred there, quite a long shot, but you don't own a turbo Polo do you? :icon_thumright:

I'm not going to say the exact figure but around a quarter of what it is worth due to a 'lack of power and dangerous brakes' issues that turned out to be a vacuum pipe off of one of the control solenoids and a leaking vacuum pump (now sealed)

Your long shot may well be correct, that is if you are talking about a '84 beige polo breadvan i converted to G40 turbo running 1.5 bar on a T25 saab turbo lol....it's no longer mine nor does it have my old engine in it but its still G40 turbo'd but without a 100% locking diff etc etc

Best colour for sure! WOuld love to know what you paid for it, I've heard some properly daft prices flaoting around lately! some serious bargains to be had.

Love volcano black, it's just so much better and more classy than the flat black seen on all the later cars.

The colour isn't rare, but the Projectz Two body kit is ultra rare! and it looks brilliant.

Get an FMIC on there and the EGR delete you mentioned, have it mapped, and you'll have 150ish bhp and a very nice motor, for what sounds like peanuts!

I'll keep an eye out for it too, I pass through Alton twice a day :)

I would say a quarter of its value is between 2 and £300?

All I say on the subject of the cost to buy the car is that I'll never lose money on it...that's all you are ever getting out of me lol

Was the bodykit an audi option? I take it its no longer made?

All I say on the subject of the cost to buy the car is that I'll never lose money on it...that's all you are ever getting out of me lol

Was the bodykit an audi option? I take it its no longer made?

Nope, not a factory bodykit also worth mentioning the Concert and climate are standard on an SE tdi and unless the leather is heated it was a cost free option. The Volcano paint was a pricey extra though. Google "rieger a3" and you should get some others come up you can still buy the kit in pieces.

Last edited:
Nope, not a factory bodykit also worth mentioning the Concert and climate are standard on an SE tdi and unless the leather is heated it was a cost free option. The Volcano paint was a pricey extra though. Google "rieger a3" and you should get some others come up you can still buy the kit in pieces.

it's not a Reiger kit though J, it's an Audi Projectz Two factory fitted kit. Hugely rare optional extra.

Cheers for the info guys...is there a list of optional extra codes somewhere so I can look them all up?

If you have an iPhone search in the app store "vag code" it'll tell what all the codes mean

Pat

Cheers pat, i did a little google search as i haven't got an i-phone and i came up with a couple of sites....none of the codes relate to the bodykit....i did find this on the projektzwo's website though

dynpic.php

Last edited:
After recently acquiring a copy of vagcom, i decided to check out why i was only getting 30mpg and electronically delete the egr at the same time....turns out the fuel pump timing is way off, it's value should be between 60 and 70 and not between 4 and 7 as it was. This car has basically had minimal boost and fuel since the last cambelt change...More power and mpg to come as soon as i can fit in a cambelt change :ninja:

384109_10151122004450096_758855095_22855782_133718358_n.jpg

Last edited: