S3 APY, ROTA Grid drifts.

donjon

Reaction score
Got this a few months back and it was standard apart from some naff audio and the RSTT reps.
How I bought it...
s3008.jpg

s3007.jpg

s3003.jpg

s3001.jpg

Then I fitted some weitec coilies and some ETA BETA splits!
304789_10150394366689175_690909174_9910705_251809692_n.jpg

301255_10150394369209175_690909174_9910744_711388514_n.jpg

296740_10150369957157146_553522145_10163383_501273458_n.jpg

310940_10150394366804175_690909174_9910706_395695098_n.jpg

293127_276540129030632_100000239420563_1107400_111242876_n.jpg

And this is the stage i am at now. Facelift xenons and S3daves adjustable tie arms along with Rota grid drifts 18x9.5 all round. Also go a decent headunit!

tumblr_lw3veaIPYG1r684oso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_lw3veaIPYG1r684oso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_lw3veaIPYG1r684oso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_lw3veaIPYG1r684oso1_1280.jpg

More colour coding is needed but its getting to be how i want it!

Last edited:
Dude it looks f**kin awesome in those last 2 shots, looove those black wheels....

I'm 50 / 50 between a red S3 or a silver......yours looks great mate...

I don't care what any of the forum lot say about black or noggy being the best colour.

Without question, RED is THE best colour for the S3! They just look SO much more special in red,without being to loud like the yellow ones!

Reactions: joiihn and RobinJI
Them wheels look amazing. Nice choice dude.

Yeah red and black is where its at!:yes: The Rotas are awesome wheels they only weigh 9kg each and the ride is better than when it was on the RSTT wheels! Plus i can still drive it hard without rubbing issues.

COuld do with being a tad lower though, or can it not go lower due to the width of them?

Rotas are definitely where it's at though, I can see them being the next big trend on VAG stuff next year, seeing as we're about 5 years behind the jap scene :p

I love my rotas too, really glad I went for them.

Yeah it can go alot lower, im running it at this height through the winter then I will set it up properly come march.

LCR splitter to finish it at the front, lovely looking motor there.
I had the same wheels on my STI a couple of years back now, it was black and looked the bizz, great wheels

Copy cat!! lol
Those wheels look awesome :hubbahubba: they stand out more with yours being red

Pat

God, Rota`s will become common as muck soon! Only because they look good but still.

Eventhough i have one myself, im not keen on red cars but i agree with Prawn here...Red S3`s look awesome!

Red is the one!!! Did you do a headlight conversion? If so, was it hard? Need some facelift rear lights in my life!! But your car looks good!

The headlights are plug and play really all you need to do is swap the headlamp levelers over from the old ones and then cut the wing to take the new lamps. Want to get some wider spacers and go abit lower as well!

The headlights are plug and play really all you need to do is swap the headlamp levelers over from the old ones and then cut the wing to take the new lamps. Want to get some wider spacers and go abit lower as well!

Can't wait to see that!! I'll be lowering mine on coilovers next summer.
It looks sick as it is!

Pat

Last edited:
The headlamps are genuine facelift xenons. Dead easy to fit, no wiring involved!

Yes mate complete units, easy job TBH its just finding a set for sale!
Pat, do you have a link to your car? would like to see another S3 on the grids!

It's page 61ish of pics of A3/S3 can't put a link as I'm on tapatalk.
I'll post a link later if you can't find it

Pat

looks lovely mate, i'm not a fan of black wheels on many cars, but they really do look good on the red car. Top work!

Rotas are a pretty good rim for the money, I have some Rota RBs on my Mazda, really well finished and nice and light.

The rims aren't actually black, rota call them "bronze" even though they dont look it they have a slight tint to them!

Was about to say they`re bronze not black like everyones been saying until i saw that^ post lol!

Would luck lovley in bronze on that red <3. Just need your stance sorted now and it will look boss. There are quite a few Golfs & S3's on grids now.

There's a Noggy Blue one I keep seeing in Chelmsford with gold Drifts, looks pretty neat albeit a rather worn out colour combo these days.

But they do seem to be quite popular with the Golf boys at the moment i've noticed too.

Going in for paint next week ready for ultimate dubs!

Red S3s can look pretty special, especially in pictures like the last two where the stark contrast between the car and the moody background highlights the colour. See a dusty one driving down the road and they dont look quite as special.

Rotas and Rotiforms have well and truly infected the vag scene, E38 was full of them last year!

Great car though mate, just need a private plate now as thats all thats giving the cars age away!

na, i think the height you have it in your original pick is a good height, looks like it could destroy corners, where as slammed it looks like its just a lap dog (a mean one) - all for show

maybe another inch lower but your photoshop looks like its another 3-4 inches

i bolded looks because i dont really know how slamming a car affects it abiity to be raped around corners but i wouldnt have thought it was ideal. Obviously speed humps are an issue. I always smile at cars that have sacrificed all praticality in the name of pure "DUB Scene"

Are you gonna get a front splitter for it?

Got to ask yourself, you want looks or performance?

For me that looks sick as **** but it'll be impractical and handle ****e etc, which i don't want that's why i raised mine to what it is now, still low but handles like a go kart.

If your not going to be driving like a loony then go for it mate.

You would'nt get it that low without air anyway!,and air dose'nt handle (not as good),does look good though!,mine is low as it can be, i cant put more than £45 fuel in, because it will scrub!,but trust me though with 11j wheels on it handles!,i think the lower the 8l platform the better they handle to a degree!,when i first bought it,it was terrible!,the lower i have gone the better it is!,as long as it stiff enough and set up right!!!

I will be going lower with it but not slammed, just get a nice stance that is useable everyday.

Your car looks awesome, would be great slammed like in the photoshop, but who want a car with all that go, that actually cant.... go.
i'm on 40mm bilstien shocks and springs atm, but may move to some decent coils to get a ittle bit lower.

P.S
are your rotas th 9.5J ET23 all round? you use any spacers at all?

looking at buying the black ones for my silver S3, just wondering if i will have issues with rubbing...

cheers.

they are 9.5 and et38 with 20mm spacers, no rubbing!

are your rotas th 9.5J ET23 all round? you use any spacers at all?

cheers.

Yeah mine are that spec with no problems.
I'm running 225/40/18 tyres could go 235 with no issues, but I'm going to go lower once I've sorted the engine out. Much lower ;)

Pat