PC9-404 connected... rear speakers still not working.

Fahd

Reaction score
Please go easy on me as I have never wired up a car radio and am completely new to setting this up. I previously had someone else fit an after-market headunit to my car, since then the front speakers were the only ones which worked.

So I've bought and attached the PC9-404 cable:

img-20111215-0039012lx7.jpg

On the left of the picture below, the black plug which I've plugged to the red plug on the PC9-404 previously had nothing connected to it. From other threads I've been reading on this same topic here on Audisport, I assume this is for the rear speakers. I then plugged what is labelled as "rear -R" and "rear -L" from the radio side onto the other end of the red part of PC9-404 cable.

img-20111215-00391qwphj.jpg

img-20111215-00393624u5.jpg

I tried fading to the rear... and a massive amount of no sound was being played. :( Could anyone please help me here? I'm having a hard time figuring out what could be wrong. I even tried connecting the tiny blue and white wire to the antenna as I thought maybe that was the issue otherwise the wire seems to go nowhere and I saw someone else put it into their antenna somehow on another older thread and still no joy. Would it matter if my aerial doesn't work? I think I have the wrong adapter for the aerial and get no radio signal, but usually I wouldn't care as I only play music using the aux in from the headunit or off of the radios memory card slot. I'm really clutching at straws here...

img-20111215-00392qfo8n.jpg

Any help with this topic would be massively appreciated!

That blue and white wire is a remote trigger for your rear amplifier, ie it tells the amplifier to turn on.

Your head unit should have a similar blue or blue/white wire marked up as "remote", and you need to connect it to this.

Hay mate you need to put eather the blue and white to a switched ignition power or to the blue and white remote wire out of the unit or if the only blue and white wire u can see is in the unit lume splice it or solder it to that

As aragorn said, he replyed while I was trying to type on iPhone lol

I actually love you guys. This was exactly what I needed to do, I attached the blue and white wire to the blue wire in the radio's loom and the rear speakers are alive. It's all wired and tidied up now. Considering how much better my car speakers sound now the JL Audio conversion must sound immense.

Thanks so much everyone.

is this cable for the standard audi headunit or for a after market one? and do you have your own aftermarket amp and rear speaker set up or you using the standard ones that came with the car?

reason i ask is at the moment i have a half amped system, so rear speakers are amped but i want to change these for my own amp and my own speakers so they will run off RCA rather than whats there already. wondering if this cable will fit the standard headunit or do i need after market

I actually love you guys. This was exactly what I needed to do, I attached the blue and white wire to the blue wire in the radio's loom and the rear speakers are alive. It's all wired and tidied up now. Considering how much better my car speakers sound now the JL Audio conversion must sound immense.

Thanks so much everyone.
Hi,
Can you post a pic of how it is now?
I'm having the same issue and I do have a cable/plugs that have that "remote" wire that I need to switch on, and as I understood it needs to be connected to a "power supplied" wire coming from the car wires
Thanks

Boa noite eu to presisando de um adapitado dese como poso compra me fala me chama ai 77998664565 manoel do audio a3 1.8 180 cv turbo 99a2006
377ad1b6c65d379cd928dbc9c6afdc84.jpg

Enviado de meu LM-X410.F usando o Tapatalk