Front mount intercooler set up for the 130 1.9 TDI

tamtom

Reaction score
i bought a kit off ebay for another project, now thought i could use it for this.
Has anyone done a front mount install for an a3 8l 1.9 tdi.

Any advice greatly appreciated...

I'd get the front mount off a MK4 Bora TDi 150. Should fit straight in I'd have thought

i already bought a universal kit off ebay so wanna try and make use of that, just found out after mounting it all up that the bumper needs to be cut slightly to fit the intercooler behind.

Any pictures of your FMIC? What kit did you use, did the bumper need to be cut much?

I want to get an FMIC in the new year...

the bumper had to be cut back a bit but thats the least of my worries.
The boost pipes keep popping off.
firstly it was the outlet of the intercooler now its the pipe just before the inlet, really annoying!
i thought it may have been the egr valve but i've bout a delete kit off ebay and now eliminated that.

Has anyone experience loss of power but still high boost pressures?
i have vag.com trial version, what tests can i do?

it is a 130 a3 ASZ engine 1.9tdi. there was loads of torque when i first bought it low down the rev range now you have to rev past 2.5 k to get any power out of it.
Somethings not right.

Any help much appreciated.
Tam

Turbo vains seized.

So getting no boost till 2.5k then the boost stays on as the vains don't move. Does it go into limp mode if you drive it hard?

That would make sense but how do you know if your going into limp mode?
No lights on the dash whatsoever...

Someone else said check the boost controller as it could be over boosting but i didn't know of any boost controlling device on the vnt system??

Somebody correct me...

Tam

Turbo vains seized.

So getting no boost till 2.5k then the boost stays on as the vains don't move. Does it go into limp mode if you drive it hard?

Cleaned out the whole exhaust side of the turbo, even though the actuator was moving pretty freely just to eliminate the chance of it being caused by that.
Refitted all pipes with t bolt clamps this time round so no pipes will be flying off any time soon either, but still no power/torque low down.
i have hooked up a boost gauge and im peaking at over 20psi but at around 3-4 k rpm.

i still need to change the fuel temp sensor but after that im starting to run slim on ideas.

If all else fails im left with, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, Blocked Cat or Inlet air temp sensor.

Any ideas?

so heres the update,
took the cat off its now de catted.
changed the fuel temp sensor, gave it a fuel flush and still no change.
while i was there i plumbed in a boost gauge and im hitting over 20-30psi boost. is that normal?
still wondering how i can test the boost sensor and maf sensor using the free vcds.
anyone.

Use the vcds section to find a member nearby with it