Please help security locking needed if possible ( vag com?)

S3 Paul

Reaction score
My other half and our young daughter have been out in either of the two dailys ( S3 and Bora tdi ) and had some freak try and open the door at the lights,
The mrs is understandably shaken and to be honest so am i,
Am i right in thinking with Vag Com i can turn on a system that will automaticaly lock the doors once the car goes above a set speed?
This may i think reasure her and put me at ease.
Is this possible? I tried to look it up but couldnt find a clear answer or how too.

It is certainly possibly in the MK4 golf as I did this exact thing on my wife's car. It automatically locks the doors when you go over 10mph.

It's done with Vagcom, i'll have a look for you to see which setting it is.

This is what I used for the Golf assume it'll be the same for the S3

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.

So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for selective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.

Lock/Unlock Horn/Flash:

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel (03..08)
Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)
[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock
<font color="red">Channel 04 Auto Unlock </font>
Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash

My other half and our young daughter have been out in either of the two dailys ( S3 and Bora tdi ) and had some freak try and open the door at the lights,
The mrs is understandably shaken and to be honest so am i,
Am i right in thinking with Vag Com i can turn on a system that will automaticaly lock the doors once the car goes above a set speed?
This may i think reasure her and put me at ease.
Is this possible? I tried to look it up but couldnt find a clear answer or how too.

I'm sure a few s3 owners on here have done it:

The easiest route is to download basecode as it will calculate the code you need to enter into vagcom.

Then this is what i had to do to do mine:

1. Click “Control Module –35”

2. Click “Recode – 07”

3. Write down the numbers in the “Software Coding” box and keep it in a safe place

4. now open up “”Basecode” (that you downloaded) and put the numbers you wrote down into the box that says “Start Base Code”

As you tick the boxes of what you want to add (“Auto doors above 15mph” in your case) you'll see your new code in the “New Base Code” box .

5 Now go back to vagcom and enter these numbers into the box where you wrote the numbers down and click “do it”

That it your all done ;)

EDIT: Heres a link to Basecode: http://www.thewellings.co.uk/downloads/basecode.zip

Last edited:
Hey Paul, sorry to hear this, hope they are both ok..

It is possible, I had it done on my car as soon as I got it as the missus does drive it from time to time, it auto locks as soon as it hits 10mph.

I have also got total closure enabled and selective unlocking too - thought this was useful, as no point having all the doors and boot unlocked, if its only one person in the car.

Sorry I cant help with codes etc, but im pretty sure its the same as the Golf Mk4 to get this done.

Let us know how you get on.

Nilz