need professional advice. :)

Audakas

Reaction score
Hey guys, so as you know my white audi is still in the garage for bodywork, but i bouth a3 2001 1.8t AUM Code Engine FWD And I want to get around 220, so let see who will tell me what i need before remap :)

I suspect the lack of response is partially down to the fact this has been done to death mate...

Just start searching for stage 2 type mods as an example and have a look about...

Its nothing personal but this is bread and butter stuff thats asked more times than you know and nobody ever uses the search...

I use it all the time to post links to threads myself but this has been asked that many times before it won't take you too long to find what you need and considering what you have done to your other car it should be obvious what you need to do...

:)

<tuffty/>

I suspect the lack of response is partially down to the fact this has been done to death mate...

Just start searching for stage 2 type mods as an example and have a look about...

Its nothing personal but this is bread and butter stuff thats asked more times than you know and nobody ever uses the search...

I use it all the time to post links to threads myself but this has been asked that many times before it won't take you too long to find what you need and considering what you have done to your other car it should be obvious what you need to do...

:)

<tuffty/>

Well i use search sometimes, but i wanted some professional advice :D i was wondering if i could use my stock SMIC and still get down to 220 bhp whit TIP, filter remap? and ofc donwpipe

yes you can but no much without a front mount

have a look at anyones thread with a a3 18t. most are running stage 2 or above

Ok... getting 220hp from a K03s turbo'd engine can be subjective at best... normally see between 210/220hp as a rule so just bear that in mind...

To get the 'best' out of your K03s turbo'd engine its generally an idea to do...
FMIC
3" DP
Silicon TIP
Cone filter
007p DV
...and a stage 2 remap of course

Just a remap will get you most of the power you seek but you won't keep it for long as heat takes over....

There are loads of threads on here of various mods to A3's to attain reliable and repeatable power so I am not going to repeat all that... however as someone that has spent time working with professionals in this game I would suggest you make sure that before you remap your car you need to ensure that your engine is running properly and by that I mean its not got any air or boost leaks and its in serviceable condition... these cars are getting old now and have seen quite a few recently that I am quite frankly surprised they are running at all...

Make sure the engine is free of DTCs (fault codes) and by that I mean fixed rather than just cleared and hope they don't come back... MAF is functioning as it should, plugs are good condition and gapped properly and if you do things like N249 bypasses etc make sure they are done properly...

I know this all sounds a little like a lecture but its very important not to forget the basics when tuning a car :)

Don't use a ****** BOV either :no:

<tuffty/>

I know this all sounds a little like a lecture but its very important not to forget the basics when tuning a car :)

<tuffty/>

Well said

Pat

cmon guys one1?

You asked for a profesional, and sadley im not lol so i stayed out of it.
But whilest your after the power gains why not invest in the handeling mods ie cupra r quik rack, wishbones and hubs, front n rear arb's and coil overs. All can be bought for less than £400 and will help in preventing any further miss haps, forbid that to happen again to you.

Ok... getting 220hp from a K03s turbo'd engine can be subjective at best... normally see between 210/220hp as a rule so just bear that in mind...

To get the 'best' out of your K03s turbo'd engine its generally an idea to do...
FMIC
3" DP
Silicon TIP
Cone filter
007p DV
...and a stage 2 remap of course

Just a remap will get you most of the power you seek but you won't keep it for long as heat takes over....

There are loads of threads on here of various mods to A3's to attain reliable and repeatable power so I am not going to repeat all that... however as someone that has spent time working with professionals in this game I would suggest you make sure that before you remap your car you need to ensure that your engine is running properly and by that I mean its not got any air or boost leaks and its in serviceable condition... these cars are getting old now and have seen quite a few recently that I am quite frankly surprised they are running at all...

Make sure the engine is free of DTCs (fault codes) and by that I mean fixed rather than just cleared and hope they don't come back... MAF is functioning as it should, plugs are good condition and gapped properly and if you do things like N249 bypasses etc make sure they are done properly...

<tuffty/>

Okai My car got coilover all bushes cahnged all around stands stiff on the road, dunno how to do the n249 thingy if is here anyone who know how to do properly im living in lonon, could do some miles. and pay the guy who will do good job, and i want to do air boost leaks but dunno, how, im not mechanic lol so if anyone cuz do those things for me, im willing to pay some money for help :)

save your money and do it yourself. I'm no mechanic aswell but there is enough guides on here to do moat things to your car. search is your friend :)