Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel

Anybody swapped doors?

Morning lads, anybody ever had a set of doors off their A3?

I have had both my doors vandalised and have found a set at a breakers, I have got them for a decent price and will be going down there and swapping my entire door for theirs.

Is it just a case of inner door cards off and then swap the locks and electrical connectors, or are there any ecu's or immob's in the doors? How difficult a job is it?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Cards off, locks swapped and put the new ones in, just make sure the top of the door is closer to the roof then the floor, otherwise you have it on upside down.
    Are you fitting the mirrors from the old doors or are they on the new ones already?
    Last edited by Reesy; 12th December 2011 at 11:47.

4th Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear some b+++$%d did that mate.
    I did it on my first a3, its not that difficult but its not a huge amount of fun either! Hardest part is all the wires that run through by the hinges.....The whole process took a while as I was learning as I was going along but as you don't want to keep the old doors you'll be able to work faster ( rougher )
    We'll have to meet up again soon and I'll show you the new s3.....

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Sweet work Chris, international TQS stripper. 20min job?

Then never do them.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would get to the bottom of why someone is so determined to slay your car before attempting to repair as you may be going around in circles...?

6th Gear

Status
    Half an hour if you stop for a cup of tea and you are alright at feeding wires through.

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The reason my car keeps getting smashed is because of the layout of where we live. My house is this one here with the fur trees -

Both times my car has been got at it has been parked there at the bottom of the steps, it is the drunken walk back from town to one of the roughest estates in Plymouth. So every drunk twat gets funneled down those steps and whatever car is parked at the bottom of them on a Friday/Saturday night gets vandalised. Unfortunatly my options are to park there or quater of a mile down the road. It was pissing down with rain this Friday so I parked there. Last week the Fiesta which was parked there had its mirrors ripped off.

Then never do them.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    why not park it away from the steps or where the mans head is?

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    The reason my car keeps getting smashed is because of the layout of where we live. My house is this one here with the fur trees -

Both times my car has been got at it has been parked there at the bottom of the steps, it is the drunken walk back from town to one of the roughest estates in Plymouth. So every drunk twat gets funneled down those steps and whatever car is parked at the bottom of them on a Friday/Saturday night gets vandalised. Unfortunatly my options are to park there or quater of a mile down the road. It was pissing down with rain this Friday so I parked there. Last week the Fiesta which was parked there had its mirrors ripped off.
    Are you sure its not that orange looking man in the pic... hes waiting for you to park it there again the *** sly bugger....

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by scott b5 View Post
    why not park it away from the steps or where the mans head is?
    You can't physically park a car on that because it is FAR too steep, also as I found out when I first tried it on a damp morning the cobbled street is too slippery to drive up. You've been to mine haven't you Scott? I regularly see people crawling up that hill because its so steep, people fall over it all the time haha

Because I don't finish work until 6:30 and am not home till 7 that space is the only one left, other than outside the co-op 200 yards down the road.

I looked at renting one of the garages up the road, but two weeks after I went to look at them they were torched and burnt down. :/
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 12th December 2011 at 12:21.

Then never do them.

6th Gear

Status
    You can't physically park a car on that because it is FAR too steep, also as I found out when I first tried it on a damp morning the cobbled street is too slippery to drive up.

Because I don't finish work until 6:30 and am not home till 7 that space is the only one left, other than outside the co-op 200 yards down the road.

I looked at renting one of the garages up the road, but two weeks after I went to look at them they were torched and burnt down. :/
    I would hazard a guess that a a tqs/s3 would glide up the cobbles...

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    I would hazard a guess that a a tqs/s3 would glide up the cobbles...
    Nahh man, a friend of mine has an Evo 7 and even in snow mode he was spinning the wheels and I had to push him out with him spinning the tires. Proper savage hill, it is probably getting on for 65*.

Then never do them.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    need an auto then.
    i got up it ok

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Proper savage hill, it is probably getting on for 65*.
    hahaha, it's steep, but not 65 degrees dude, think about that for a minute.....

Probably 30 degrees or so
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would get to the bottom of why someone is so determined to slay your car before attempting to repair as you may be going around in circles...?