Dogbone problem

*Rich*

Professional
Reaction score
Hi all,

i know this has been covered before, but.......whilst trying to remove my dogbone mount today, i managed to snap one of the bolts that goes to the subframe, it snapped clean at the head of the bolt so the dogbone has the raminder of the bolt and then the rest in the subframe.

Now, is the part of the dogbone where the bolt goes in threaded or not, i don't want to try the other bolt, until i know. I was gonna get some heat on the bolt if it's not threaded, and molegrip it out that way.

Any other tips? Please, need to get this done asap.

I'll be getting new bolts for it, so when fitting them should i apply anything to the threads first, i'm led to believe these are stretch bolts going into the subframe.

Cheers, Rich.

had the same problem. Wd 40'd other bolt left for 24 hrs ,got this one out.Then wiggled dog bone off,one stud left in subframe.Soaked it in wd 40 for about an hour,then unscrewed it with a pair of grips. replaced with new studs

Cheers mate, so there is no thread inside the actual dogbone itself?

Gonna order all four new studs tomorrow to replace them all.

What a Ba****d these bolts were to get out, ended up using heat and impact just to free the dogbone from the bolts......once it came of, the bolts were only just past finger tight.

Anyway, all new bolts fitted, and yellow bushes squeezed in, much better now, a little vibration, nothing i can't handle. So all is good.

where can i buy new bolts from as ive had the same problem - i need all 4 for the dogbone mount. i bought a new mount from ths its the fr3 but came with no bolts - wish i bought the new mount from ecs they come with new bolts ....

If its this bolt

012-2.jpg

You are probably best going to Audi!