P1050576.jpg

P1050577.jpg

P1050580.jpg

P1050583.jpg

P1050585.jpg

P1050591.jpg

P1050592.jpg

P1050594.jpg

Still contemplating light smoke window tints and lowering on Eibach springs. I'm afraid I'll get addicted on spending if I start modifying it though!

Reactions: S3Zek
Always nice to see a clean and original Noggy S3! :cool:

Still contemplating light smoke window tints and lowering on Eibach springs. I'm afraid I'll get addicted on spending if I start modifying it though!

Tints is entirely upto you, but with regards to lowering it, just class it as an upgrade, since over time, you will find your front or rear coils will snap due to age/corrosion. OEM replacement springs are silly money.

Nice! Of the 8l colours...it's the scene stealer.

Gorgeous,gorgeous and did I say gorgeous

Car looks mint and although a fan of lowering and uprating the suspension I would seriously consider keeping a mint example like that totally original.

Thanks for the compliments guys/girls. :)

Rav, that's another reason I'm reluctant about those modifications; it would lose the clean OEM look. I probably will end up keeping it in original form as I have a project car for the occasional weekend/track use:

5d9885f7.jpg

Last edited:
Yea that is a mint!,i agree keep her standard,looks like new,wel done!

Looks nice mate, i would keep it standard.. i thought 8ls ended on 03 plates and 8ps started on 53 plates??

Cheers mate. Looks like your S3 is the same colour as my Glanza. ;)
Did you buy the glanza from the mendips?,theres one in liquid yellow down there a few years back!,(clean s3 though fair play)

Lee, mine is one of the last made in the 8L I'm sure (31st Oct 2003) not sure when the 8P shape was released. I have seen them on a 53 reg too but maybe they started in January (be 53 reg until April or thereabouts).

I have no idea where mendips is, so no I didn't buy my Glanza from there. I build it at home and painted it myself. I had another one back in 2007 as a first car, rebuild that too but it was only a replica (painted it the same colour). Never heard of another in this colour on any of the Starlet forums. :shrug:

Oh fair enough!,yea there was one in the mendips,might not be around now duno!,fair play though!

Car looks beautiful mate, well done on the clean up.

If it was me, id dechrome the grille surround and maybe put some aero wipers on it....

Thats about it....still either way, car looks sweeeeet!!!!

Looks great. Just need to sort that passenger side door blade out (mine looks exactly the same) & get the rims re-furbed and that'd be a really cracking example. Just make sure nobody removes your door mirrors for you. I've taken to tucking my car up under the car port for the night, just to avoid any prying eyes... Only downside is that the cat now sits on the roof in winter.

Personally - I'd go for the lowering springs.

Last edited:
Cheers guys :thumbsup:

Yes that door blade has been annoying me for a while, just ordered some new bits for the Glanza so I can get it driveable again so I can move it out of the garage. Once the S3 is in there I'll get the door sorted and give it a proper polish and wax too.

The wheels do have the odd little kerb marks but if I were to refurb them I'd do them in the Summer. I'd be tempted to go for Anthracite maybe, we shall see. She has new Bosch wipers so maybe I'll get aero wipers when they need replacing again! As for the chrome grill, I quite like how it works with the wing mirrrors so it will be staying as it is.

Cheers again, glad you guys like it! :D