Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P
If you get any error codes, check them here: Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki
17704/P1296/004758 - Error in Mapped Cooling System
- Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
- Coolant Thermostat faulty
- Check Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
- Check Coolant Thermostat
- Check the stored Freeze Frame data with this fault code. Freeze Frame information will be found in the fault code description (if the module supports it) or in Generic OBD-II if the vehicle complies with those regulations.
- Freeze Frame data stored at -40*C is generally an indication of a faulty ECT or wiring.
- Freeze Frame data stored at +140*C is generally an indication of a faulty ECT or wiring.
- Freeze Frame data stored with in the 68*C ~ 80*C range is an indication that the vehicle was close to, but not within, the cooling systems normal operation range. The Thermostat itself or Cooling system components may be at fault.