Did all S3's come with Xenon lights?

andy2

Reaction score
Just going to look at an 8L S3 for sale tomorrow. Doesn't mention Xenon lights in the advert and the dealer didn't know whether the car had them or not. But don't all S3's have Xenon lights or am I wrong with assuming that?

How do I tell if the car has them fitted? Do Xenon lights make a big difference and would you be put of buying an S3 without these?

Yep... std on all S3's... if its not got um its prob due to a bodgy front end repair after an accident tbh...

<tuffty/>

It will have a projector style main beam bulb and they "turn on" differently. they have a burst of light then get brighter as the gas warms up. sounds like you cant tell the difference but you will know when you see them.

cheers jaz

True I was gonna mention that but if someone has changed the lights they will still be there as they will be in all S3 bumpers. I looked at a few S3's before buying ours and a couple had had aftermarket lights installed. I now know why after pricing a genuine lamp up from Audi!? £577 plus vat!!!!! each so use this as a bargaining tool if it does not have xenons fitted.

regards jaz