Badger5Monster Motorsport

Thread: N75 H ?

Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation N75 H ?

I've heard that the J version can put the car into limp mode but has anyone tried the H version?

I think its the same as this one: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/N75_Valve/ES122/
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Changing a known working N75 for a so called 'performance' valve is a really pointless exercise... generally cause over boost or boost spike issues, sometimes limp mode and almost always running problems later down the line that are normally fixed by refitting the original valve..

Changing the N75 is old school tuning back in the AGU days etc... there really is no advantage and any perceived difference is placebo as the car is running differently and therefore better..

Up to the individual of course but its a pointless waste of money IMO...

The ECS valve in the link is a J valve btw...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    What Tuffty said, they are pointless. Spend your money on a downpipe and decat if you want to make it actually go quicker.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Changing a known working N75 for a so called 'performance' valve is a really pointless exercise... generally cause over boost or boost spike issues, sometimes limp mode and almost always running problems later down the line that are normally fixed by refitting the original valve..

Changing the N75 is old school tuning back in the AGU days etc... there really is no advantage and any perceived difference is placebo as the car is running differently and therefore better..

Up to the individual of course but its a pointless waste of money IMO...

The ECS valve in the link is a J valve btw...

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate

I'm suspecting my valve is on its way out so i was going to buy a new one as a kink of backup.

Do you think i would be better off getting a standard F (or e) one then ?

Here is the link to the J one :
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/N75_Valve/ES8918/
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Replace like with like mate... the N valve was fitted to some tranverse 1.8t's as I have seen one on the shelf at Bill's that he got in to replace an Ibiza on or something but if it's an 'F' thats on there, replace with an 'F'

What makes you think the N75 is on its way out? they get 'slow' typically when they tire out which leads to boost spikes... if you are not getting boost then that not typically the N75 but normally (on K03's at least) the turbo getting tired of boost leaks etc...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Replace like with like mate... the N valve was fitted to some tranverse 1.8t's as I have seen one on the shelf at Bill's that he got in to replace an Ibiza on or something but if it's an 'F' thats on there, replace with an 'F'

What makes you think the N75 is on its way out? they get 'slow' typically when they tire out which leads to boost spikes... if you are not getting boost then that not typically the N75 but normally (on K03's at least) the turbo getting tired of boost leaks etc...

<tuffty/>

I think the F is now a E valve..

The car just feels like its holding back and I've changed the common culprits.

So far the coil packs have been done I've changed the maf, fitted a catch can , bypassed the n249 , changed the sparkplugs, changed the air filter ,changed some hoses to silicone ones ....etc

It seems to be boosting ok on the boost gauge it just feels like its lacking power.