Most hp out off stock turbo

Logic_Dan87

Reaction score
Im looking to find out the most Hp i can get out off my stock turbo before replace to a bigger turbo

Was thinking off this
Bagger 5 tip with cone filter
down pipe- decat
front mount intercooler.

Thanks

I think he has a Audi S3 8L 2001 with about 45k on the clock.
no idea what engine has though.

2mins and I found this.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/welcome-section/141434-audi-s3-2001-new-guy.html

Good detective work Holmes.

In which case, the most HP out of a stock K04 turbo is around the 280-290 region I believe so far, unless anyone can prove me wrong?

I have an engine build I'm doing in April that I hope to get 300bhp out of it but there are a lot of other mods involved.

To get 280ish you'll need the following:

- Front mount intercooler
- 3" down pipe
- Badger 5 intake pipe
- Big cone filter
- Stage 2 software

Plenty of Badger5 TIP test threads so have a search (Badger 5 has his own section in the sponsors forums with details too) but just over 280hp is the most I have seen from a sorted setup... however 260-270hp is typical on the spec you suggest including some sort of stage 2 map...

Should also mention that its not always about the hp figure but also where that peak hp is... before and after fitting B5 TIPs for example normally lift the peak power further up the rev range giving more for longer essentially... normal stage 1 K04's peak much earlier and feel flatter higher up the revs...

<tuffty/>

Cheers guys, Thats what i do next go this way, Only going to stay on the stock turbo As i was looking to go Fully forged on the engine but the engine is now sold, But was looing at prices for a full rebuild looking to cost over 3-4k... Way to much money. So was thinking to get the most out off stock turbo, Then maybe later on sell up as the car rarley gets used. Yes its a 2001 model s3

Thanks for the help guys
Good detective work Holmes.

In which case, the most HP out of a stock K04 turbo is around the 280-290 region I believe so far, unless anyone can prove me wrong?

I have an engine build I'm doing in April that I hope to get 300bhp out of it but there are a lot of other mods involved.

To get 280ish you'll need the following:

- Front mount intercooler
- 3" down pipe
- Badger 5 intake pipe
- Big cone filter
- Stage 2 software