Jay A3 's 1.8T On-Going Build Thread

I`ll let you win because i`d rather not have them but be at home drinking beer..

Reactions: Jay A3
Your such a gentleman. But seriously where are my brake lines?!

Only 24hrs later than the delivery stated [courier company fault]
All it took was 6hrs of me being indoors, and 10 unaswered phone calls to the courier but brake lines have finally turned up!

null_zps6cfb23df.jpg

Reactions: MIGGZ, Tim_Attard, Jason.s and 1 other person
Been very quiet on the thread front. Not had anything new fitted yet, currently dealing with coolant leak issues.

List this weekend;
Plastic housings need replacing not too expensive. Will get part numbers as im sure they are a fairly common fault.
Change front wishbone rear bushes
Driver side track rod end (bush is completely shot)
Tracking
If there is time then clean up and respray my s3 rear calipers and carriers

If its thee plastic coolant housing that bolts onto the side of the head ive got an oem one thatwas only on for 2 months you can have if it will fit?
I know k03 and k04 ones are different as on the k04 one, the bulkhead take off is offset and think tge k03 one is straight?

Thanks stacey I have already bought the bits from audi, didnt cost too much. its the housing that the CTS fits in

Productive weekend again
Sorted out the coolant leaks replaced the two parts below
null_zps17ffb46f.jpg

water housing
null_zpsb6d324cc.jpg

there were a few cracks developing
null_zps300a0180.jpg

null_zpsbe14601b.jpg

since I was changing the coolant I thought it was a great time to replace the coolant bottle in place of the old yellow bottle. Looks much better (will grab a pic later)

got round to changing the new front wishbone rear bushes and the track rod end. Car feels much better, handles well and steering doesn't vibrate anymore when doing over 70mph.

i also found some time to prep my rear calipers and carriers I picked up from Ben.
null_zps55e77d01.jpg

Never done shot blasting myself personally but decided to give is a go! I used glass instead of sand grains.
null_zpsb62c8310.jpg

Word of warning, don't try this wearing a short sleeve shirt, bits go everywhere! I'd advise a full body suit.
null_zpsb30ac90b.jpg

in the end I thought the results were really good! All ready to get painted now
null_zpsa879a77a.jpg

Reactions: Sandra and ScottD3
i need a sandblaster! that looks so clean so easy
it took me 4 hours to clean my S3 calipers cos i think the previous owner used house paint to paint them

It only took me 20mins. The kit I used was about £100 attach to a compressor and the bags of glass cost about £6 each. So glad I knew someone with the kit already ;)
initially I did pull out the wire brush and knew I was going to here a while

Reactions: MIGGZ
you make it sound easy lol i had black, then blue then the black house paint that was sticky so you can imagine how crap it was! but you going to be happy with the setup bud, i felt a big difference

House paint?? That sounds a nightmare! Yeh looking forward to having them fitted. Those with new brake lines should be awesome!

the rear you dont really need to change the lines, its all steel and like 5cm is rubber.
yeah dude im sure it was house paint hey

Small update...

Come home and this was waiting for me!
null_zpsf7b0806e.jpg

600x300x76mm

couple of weeks mate! ;) waiting for 76-63mm reducers to turn up

£89 toyo sport off eBay
i currently use the smaller version and had no problems

You can never go wrong with colder air! Especially since we having a sunny spell. British summer time!

true im getting an ebay kit that has teh n75 and dv pipes already done as i dont want to faf with them, but they dont seel the pipe work seperatly as i wanted a wellycooler oh well it should do for stage 1

p.s. looking good as ever

Reactions: Jay A3
The cooler is cheap enough to replace when you decide to go for bigger ;)

that cooler is huge dude! its going to be sick! i think a S3 bumper is going to be needed and some 0-400 cutting

Yeh seen that before. Looks awesome but would be OTT on mine... Plus with the roads here it wouldn't last 2 days haha...
A3 Bumper will need quite a bit of trimming. Anyone got a spare lower valance? :lmfao:

Found a little spare time at work today and got to spray my calipers.
Same paint from when I did my previous set "Ferrari yellow"
null_zpsc882299e.jpg

had some Left over so resprayed my strut brace to match
null_zps65251500.jpg

when I was prepping these up I noticed I have lost one of these...
easy to get hold of?
null_zps60634f6d.jpg

null_zps96a7fdc3.jpg

Found a little spare time at work today and got to spray my calipers.
Same paint from when I did my previous set "Ferrari yellow"
null_zpsc882299e.jpg

had some Left over so resprayed my strut brace to match
null_zps65251500.jpg

when I was prepping these up I noticed I have lost one of these...
easy to get hold of?
null_zps60634f6d.jpg

null_zps96a7fdc3.jpg

tps mate, also I have exciting news, I'll text you....

Indeed the news is great! ;)
I shall contact tps or Audi on monday

Looking good man, can't wait to see it at inters :)

Agreed on the full body suit for blasting, I found out that hard way too!

For your IC, do you have aircon working still?

If not, remove the aircon rad, and you can trim the slam panel to tuck the bottom of the core in slightly, and the bumper will fit easily.

Mine still fits with the slam panel untrimmed, but the bumper is shaved down to literally 2mm thick on the edges. I'll find pics for you later on.

Still using the air con. It's more than a luxury for big boned people like me...