Strange power problem with my S3 :(

tyson

Reaction score
picked my new toy up on sunday, everything was perfect.

Monday had it parked up at work at the end of the day it started perfectly (i didn't put my foot down, was allowing it to warm up.)
as i got on the motorway i went to put my foot down and the turbo sounded like it was struggling to make boost, this continued, pulled over turned the car off and back on, started boosting perfect.

Same thing happened again this morning!
Im new to an S3 maybe it doesn't like the cold?
any ideas?

Sounds odd, best thing to do is check for fault codes.
It may be a common fault but not one i have heard of personally.

It only does it when starting the car from cold as soon as the car has warmed up turbo kicks in perfectly

Check it on vag com dude, most likely n75 valve, or faulty diverter valve or even a dodgy maf solinoid.

You need the software to go with the cable dude, well worth investing in the right software but im not sure what the brand name is, any good garage will have vagcom to diagnose your problems if your in a hurry to sort it.

Have a look on the VCDS map for local members near you. Dunno how it works for the eBay cables, but the one I bought from NHN has all the software in the cable itself.

The free VAG COM software will probably come with it which is fine for telling you the fault codes :)