wiring up recaros in my a3

lewis88

Reaction score
hey, have just bought a set of front recaros and im just wondering will the extra connectors (needed by the seats) be on the cars loom as i have no electric seats and these are fully electric (and heated) or would some more wiring up be necessary? dont have much time to work on it so want to get it all done in one ideally :) thanks guys.

i have done the same about a week ago, the only wires already there are the air bad lights, you need to run some power from the fuse board or relay board, i taken mine from a relay that wasnt been used and put a inline fuse in. Then ran them to the seats.. You only need a posative and negative to get the electric seats working...

Thanks mate, it's the heating elements that's got me a little stumped... Will probably need to make a mini loom between the seats and switches :)

Hey thanks Ben I will be purchasing the switches ready to link up the wiring will have a look at that loom:)

No worries mate, for 49euros plus postage you get the ready made loom with all correct connectors :-D

the only connector i have tho is the air bag one, so would i just give it a positive(fused) and a ground and it would work? im thinking the the loom wouldn't go as far as the dash to wire up my switches which i intend to buy

the only connector i have tho is the air bag one, so would i just give it a positive(fused) and a ground and it would work? im thinking the the loom wouldn't go as far as the dash to wire up my switches which i intend to buy

I've not got much of a clue when it comes to electrics TBH, its just in your initial post you said you had the heated seat elements, I assumed you had the connectors under the seat also, although I am sure someone will be able to answer your question.

i will take a pic of mine tomorrow mate, basically you will see on the yellow plug 2 wires are together and one is on its own just do the same i had to chop them as the connectors were different and use some spade connectors, no airbag light came on.. i will take a picture tomorrow...