Beeps from DIS??

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Coming out from KFC and went to start my car, i normally let the dash lights come on then disappear before starting but when i started the car 4 beeps (or what i thought was 4) came from the Dash?? I know the 4 beeps is normally the alarm but it came from the dash. The beeps were the same as if the petrol warning light comes on but no lights came up on the clocks and when i did that check thingy with the dis, nothing came up?? Is this something I should be worried about? Im getting the gearbox leak checked from Jody @ Midland VW and this is another thing thats worrying me too :(

Any insight would be nice chaps

Gops

Frost on the road warning? Low washer fluid? Low Coolant Fluid??

More likely the first one if you can see a frost symbol next to the temp reading Gops. ;)

Low washer is self explaining.

Low Coolant is a common one Gops, the coolant is more often than not at the same level, but I find S3's or 1.8Ts loves to fire this warning during cold weather.

could be the back up battery in the alarm is dying, 4 beeps is the warning.
It might not do it again, if it does look for a thread regarding replacing the batteries in the alarm

Ahh did see the frost sign! Might be that, I'll check the coolant levels on Thursday as I'm drivIng the mighty fiesta this week! If low ill get host to top it up! Cheers guys!

It probably thinks Jo still owns the car and it was an alarm to warn him to stay off the KFC!!

Maybe not, but I think its that :moa: