front lower grille surround removal

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys,

Can you tell me how to remove the front lower grille surround (the light grey piece) from the S3 bumper? I know that the black grille sections around the fogs just pull out, but I also want to remove the grey piece that they clip into.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Can you tell me how to remove the front lower grille surround (the light grey piece) from the S3 bumper? I know that the black grille sections around the fogs just pull out, but I also want to remove the grey piece that they clip into.

Cheers.

Pretty sure it's a bumper off job as it clips from behind? Jack the car up from the front and stick your head underneath and take a look.

Last edited:
I agree. Think its a bumper off job. Was going to respray mine recently and had same dilemma.

******, thought it might be. Same reason - going to spray it matt black because the grey primer is chipped in a few places & I think all-black would look better anyway. Oh well, thanks; I'd better allow a bit more time for that than I'd planned.

I recently had a forge fmic installed and should have done it then but hey...the weather sucks at the minute and I might get a body shop to do it instead for the time/cost element.

On the spraying note of yours, my neighbour has a silver one like you and sprayed his grey sections (front and back(above the exhausts pipes)) silver to match the body work. I have to admit, that whilst I do like the black grills, the two central strut sections look immense sprayed silver and gives it a much more modern look. I guess it would only look good on light colours like silver or white etc...as my ming blue you wouldn't see the colour contrast. It might require proper spray and be more expensive but...another option for you.

I'd take a picture but i wouldnt like it is someone took a picture of my car and posted it without me knowing.

Seen another silver S3 with the rear bumper panel sprayed silver - don't like it to be honest but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I really don't like the look of the grey surrounds and door blades on my black car so I am looking into getting them done in either a black or carbon wrap. Think it will be more hardwearing than painted especially as any chips in the paint will really stand out.

I really don't like the look of the grey surrounds and door blades on my black car so I am looking into getting them done in either a black or carbon wrap. Think it will be more hardwearing than painted especially as any chips in the paint will really stand out.

Yeah, I was also considering that but for me there's just something not right about wrapping bits to look like carbon when they're not carbon. No offence meant of course, just not to my liking. Now, real carbon door blades - there's an (expensive but very tasty) idea...

Your right if I could replace all those parts in real carbon that would be the way to go. I am leaning more towards the plain black wrap at the moment anything to get rid of that grey !!