Front discs and pads replacments??

benh999

Reaction score
Evening all, My front discs and pads are due a change so I am after a new set.

My S3 is currently standard apart from a remap. What are peoples recommendations for best pad/disc combinations.

The ones that have grabbed my eye are the MINTEX disc and pad combination on Ebay, anybody used these before??

Otherwise what setups work the best.

Many thanks

Ben :o.k:

Ive tried many combinations and have only just found a set up that suits me! I find it's all about the pads mate

I'm using mintex m1155 pads and brembo discs! they stop brilliantly and don't eat discs

Mintex make good stuff for the price.

Last edited:
I'm using mintex disks and pads from e bay,really good setup imo. and good price aswell

I previously used grooved Black Diamond discs and Frodo DS2500s pads which were a great/noticeable improvement over standard set up.

Another vote for the DS2500. I am using them with boggo ECP pagid discs, rbf 660 and braided lines, and brakes are good.

I recently replaced all mine for the Pagid setup. Still stops very well.

My advice would be to save your money on the discs and buy decent pads.

It's not important to have grooved or drilled discs, they're mainly for looks.

ECP did have a 25% off discount and it might still be running. I got some ATE discs off there for just over £100

I agree with Westy, Discs aren't that important unless you going for some composite/ceramic ones!
Another vote for ferrodo DS2500 here, the Ferrodo DS' are pretty good aswell.

I've gone for the Mintex matched discs and pads all round, £160 all in, I've ran the rears before and was happy. I'm pretty sure that in my current setup (just a map) they will be more than enough for my needs :)