Forge 008 dv - anyone fitted/benefit?

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been told today about the new forge 008 dv and been reading up reviews that claim various gains including longer boost and less lag.

Currently I'm running the 007 and wondered whether anyone has fitted one and can offer an opinion.

Thanks

not worth changing but thats my opinion. at the end of the day they are all only valves.

either open or closed

if its not broke don't fix it :)

the 008 was introduced to the market a couple of months ago as a "stronger" version of the 007, so i dont think we need it or we will have any benefit of using it instead of the famous and tested 007.

I dont know if im the person aimed at here :) but yes a TT owner tired it over his 007 and has the exact same result.

Ive also contacted a reputable forge reseller and what he said (stronger, tougher, and do the exact job as the 007)

Im not knocking the product at all....just sharing the info ive got

I understand and appreciate your views.

Difficult to tell with a new product until properly tested under the hood.

cupra forums are saying its better and liquids3, the owner of a liquid s3 in Bristol who's name I've managed to forget(apologies) already says he has one installed and it was a very noticeable upgrade over the 007 with slight increase in noise but mainly a longer boost...which does appeal. Talk of about 500rpm.

Not entirely clear whether resellers will know without either running or testing then properly.

The only way a DV would give longer boost is if the one you replaced leaked....

Its a valve.... under boost its closed, under vacuum its open...

<tuffty/>

I agree with tuffty, cant see it having any gains over 007 and i cant see the need for it to be stronger either...

Thats was i thought but when conversation veers towards smaller vacuum sizes somehow creating greater boost duration, you have to ask the question.

I take it that you won't be upgrading to it then and still running 007?

No i think ill be sticking to the 007p! Until i see some evidence that the 008 has performance gains at least.

I don't think its an upgrade, the valve is an evolution of the breed... Forge are good... the products good, its been copied more times than you can shake a stick at and been around for a while...

Lets get it straight though, the 007p doesn't give a performance increase over an OEM valve, the 008p won't either... its about bling and reliability where this valve is all about... they offer better reliability over the OEM version with tunability (i.e. it will still work) or mapped engines where the OEM one will struggle (hence the different spring rates and shims)

If you have a 007p then there is no real need to change... if you are looking for a new DV as you are unfortunate enough to have bought a Split-R or want to upgrade your OEM valve then get one... they do look very cool and no doubt continue to be one of the best replacement valves on the market...

Anyway... what you really want is one of these ;P
20100124_IMG00036-20100124-1335.jpg

20100917_IMAG0304.jpg

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

<tuffty/>

Any point in running a supersized dv on a non bt application tufty?

Any point in running a supersized dv on a non bt application tufty?

Not really... not enough volume of air to shift... never tried it on anything other than a BT installation though...

Would imagine the response wouldn't be that good on something smaller....

The difference between 260hp's volume of air vs 400hp's volume of air is the main reason for going to this sort of valve... some Combe Saloon race cars I have seen run dual 007p's.... again, probably no point in doing this on a non BT installation..

<tuffty/>

you think it would be enought with a hybrid with say 320-350? if thats poss with a hybrid just guessing

you think it would be enought with a hybrid with say 320-350? if thats poss with a hybrid just guessing

Hybrid on a normal S3 will do 300/310 tops... 350 never, 330 possibly...

Welly ran a 007p and had no issue.... even on his current 411hp... I chose to use a super size be cause I can... :)

<tuffty/>

been toying with the idea of the 8 but with what your saying getting a 7 is better on the wallet for the same job

Not seen a 008p in the flesh yet so can't comment... I do know some of the guys that work at Forge though and from what I understand its an improvement over the 007p but as to whats its real world improvement is over the 007p will no doubt be subjective at best..

If it were me however I would probably get the 008p :)

<tuffty/>

its done then the 8 it is lol

Reason I didnt go for the 008 was I like the fact of the side entry on the 007PA for the vac hose sits really well on an S3.

Chris.

People buy the 008 and say it's better than the 007, this is probably because the 008 is brand new fresh and clean! Give your 007 a service using the Forge service kit and i bet it'll be exactly the same as the 008.

I think its more for appearance,I mean the 007 is made from good material and seems impossible to leak unless the rubber seals have worn out.I can't see how the new on is any better.maybe its just for extra scene points lol

From talking to forge, pete on here and a few over guys, the main benefit of the 008 is, it has a extend service life compared to the 007, mine needs servicing every few 1000 miles, the 008 is into the 10's. It also has a quicker response time and you can run lower spring settings, so on a 007 if your remapped you normaly run a yellow spring were as the 008 you can run a green spring.

Yes i do think it is better than 007p,but yes you are right its new,so probably was the fact that the 007p was due a service!,which ever way on my car the difference was great!,not better boost more crisp responsive id say!!,try it find out!

I was debating getting one of there. It's about £100 or similar but awesome gti do the 007p for £80. Tempted to buy but is it worth the extra money?

Buy my 007 gops, ill even frow in whatever colour spring you want :). Proper shamless plug haha.

Buy my 007 gops, ill even frow in whatever colour spring you want :). Proper shamless plug haha.

Haha dani trying to flog me your bits? Im guessing your going for the 008?

Anyone fitted a recirc valve on the coldside by throttle body and exsperiance a fault code saying leak from throttle to intercooler?

Me, nooo haha :). But yes i am getting a 008.

Cam sounds like youve got a leak some where, you shouldnt be getting no fault codes.

Haha well if i end up not buying it, i'll grab that 007p off you"

Me, nooo haha :). But yes i am getting a 008.

Cam sounds like youve got a leak some where, you shouldnt be getting no fault codes.

Oh ok dude, iv removed it and put it back standard and the fault is now gone anyway, iv got an AUM and i know they can be tempermental. Also iv noticed its got better throttle response now its standard, maybe somthing to do with turbulance from the T-peice?

I don't think its an upgrade, the valve is an evolution of the breed... Forge are good... the products good, its been copied more times than you can shake a stick at and been around for a while...

Lets get it straight though, the 007p doesn't give a performance increase over an OEM valve, the 008p won't either... its about bling and reliability where this valve is all about... they offer better reliability over the OEM version with tunability (i.e. it will still work) or mapped engines where the OEM one will struggle (hence the different spring rates and shims)

If you have a 007p then there is no real need to change... if you are looking for a new DV as you are unfortunate enough to have bought a Split-R or want to upgrade your OEM valve then get one... they do look very cool and no doubt continue to be one of the best replacement valves on the market...

Anyway... what you really want is one of these ;P
20100124_IMG00036-20100124-1335.jpg

20100917_IMAG0304.jpg

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

<tuffty/>

I really must buy one.

Wait until Awesome GTI get the 008 and brand it with their name and buy it cheaper! Just like they did with the 007!