Rear tail gate

it's ment to release the catch mate, it unlocks with all the other doors, but if the car is locked, a quick press and hold of the centre button will 'pop' the catch :)

Yeah, you have to hold the button down. I only found this out a couple of months ago after owning my car for 7.5 years.... I'd previously been pressing it, seeing nothing happening and assuming it was broken!

it's ment to release the catch mate, it unlocks with all the other doors, but if the car is locked, a quick press and hold of the centre button will 'pop' the catch :)

thanks Prawn! I thought that might be the case! :) I hear the motor unlock (as if you've pressed the pressure pad) but it doesn't seem to pop.. a bit underwhelming when you've got a Merc where the boot flies open like a catapult!

Yeah, you have to hold the button down. I only found this out a couple of months ago after owning my car for 7.5 years.... I'd previously been pressing it, seeing nothing happening and assuming it was broken!

LOL! - so I'm not alone then!.. just wanted to check as I've been having some issues..

The lights in my boot don't work and the DIS doesn't show when the boot is open.. or at least it didn't until last night when I noticed that when I was loading some old alloys into the boot the lights were on! - I then went and checked the DIS and for the first time ever I know what it looks like when the boot is open!.. my joy was short-lived though as when I got back home normal service had been resumed.. reading threads on here it's a fairly common issue (my rear window washer doesn't work either) and I have 2 or 3 high level brake light bulbs out - so the plan is to strip the tailgate down and replace everything with new parts (ensuring no washer fluid can get in and corrode connections again) and that should be it sorted!!..

thanks for the replies guys! :D