New S3, but troubles need urgent help please!

Sevv

Pushing the limits..
Reaction score
Hello Lads, bought my S3 2 weeks ago and had it fixed vanos, rear main, clutch , timing belt, water pump, drive shaft reconditioned as CV boots for gun to shi**t etc.. however know Ive scanned my baby with the VAGCOM and im getting couple faults and i checked them on Ross-Tech, however not sure what i need to change , i called Audi today to ask a friend he told me that error (G235) was the Temperature Turbo Sensor, however when i check the website it says in addition to that i got fault codes:

17861 - Exhaust Temp Sensor 1 (G235)

17544 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (add)

P1136 - 35-10- System Too Lean - Intermittent ( however the car boost and runs really well at least to my knowledge )

17704 - Error in Mapped Cooling System ( Check temp-sensor and Thermostat) [ i ordered a neuspeed thermostat from awesomegti with the forge silicone coolant kit ]

18010 - power Supply Terminal 30
P 1602 - 35 -10 - Voltage Too Low - Intermittent ( got a new battery for that although the other one was fine :( )

MY engine is an AMK done 66k miles, im thinking if i this problem would be cause of the breather hoses, or fuel regulator ( ross-tech website stated that), MAF possible as the car does idle over 1k RPM at times with the odd misfire out of the exhaust as i put my hand there. PLEASE HELP just been plagued with troubles for over a year know even with my A3 , i don't want to go buying these sensors and parts one hit as they are expensive. if you guys can give me some advise id really appreciated it.

17861 - Exhaust Temp Sensor 1 (G235)
EGT Sender G235

Couldn't find this one on Ross Tech wiki but the link above suggests 'Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 open/short to B+' which is wiring or the black box under the inlet manifold... hopefully its wiring else a new sensor is 160+ quid

17544 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (add)
P1136 - 35-10- System Too Lean - Intermittent
17544/P1136/004406 - Ross-Tech Wiki

This sounds like a vacuum leak tbh... a big one... checking block 032 should show a 25 or similar figure in the short tern trim...

17704 - Error in Mapped Cooling System ( Check temp-sensor and Thermostat) [ i ordered a neuspeed thermostat from awesomegti with the forge silicone coolant kit ]
17704/P1296/004758 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Most likely the CTS (coolant temp sensor...) checks would be block 001 for engine temp... even if the dash is showing 90 deg.... the CTS has 2 sensors, one for the ECU and one for the dash... not unheard of for one side to go faulty while the other is fine

18010 - power Supply Terminal 30
P 1602 - 35 -10 - Voltage Too Low - Intermittent
18010/P1602/005634 - Ross-Tech Wiki

I 'think' this is normally after you disconnect the power to the ECU.... so if the battery is disconnected for any reason (maybe when you had the clutch done...)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sevv
thanks TUFFY appreciate, by the way on the way to the bottle shop i stop on a set of lights put the clutch down bang no more clutch pedal its all the way to the floor im HATING this badly its depressing me :( mechanic is comming to fix it however, wanting to know how long it would take to fix such a pedal 30-1 hrs ? possibly and the cost of the pedal or fork... thanks allot of the reply !!!

Sounds like the clutch master cylinder... fairly common... clutch pedals do break though... again common problem...

Both jobs shouldn't take more than an hour or so... MC's are 50-70 quid... not sure on pedal price...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sevv