AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 600 of 1235
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Reesy's Big Turbo A3

  1. #561
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I'd like to see that.....

    I don't think it can be done, as the large port is bigger than the small port by more than the wall thickness of the runners, it's a MASSIVE difference!

    I think if it were that simple Tufty and Welly would have done that years ago, especially with Bills talent for porting the crap out of everything!
    It's only the end part of the mani mate, right by where it meets the gasket. The car that the head is coming off has a similar arrangement as it's a k04 with an AGU lump, saves the need for the phenolic spacer and seems to work o.k.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #562
    BENJAMIN's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I'd like to see that.....

    I don't think it can be done, as the large port is bigger than the small port by more than the wall thickness of the runners, it's a MASSIVE difference!

    I think if it were that simple Tufty and Welly would have done that years ago, especially with Bills talent for porting the crap out of everything!
    It can be done.... Just. Quite thin at the bottom edge once ported. It's only the bottom 20mm ish, just to make a better transition.

    Heres a pic of the inlet mani on my old S3. Nick @ ams did the porting, worked well enough for 400bhp :D

  4. #563
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,067
    Without wanting to play the typically arkward 'Reesy' style character here

    Wellys also worked OK, and made 411bhp.

    Then he swapped it out for a high flow inlet and released an extra 35bhp!

    Nice looking porting work. I'd love to see some testing back to back with an AUM and AGU inlet on a large port head, just to see how much the smaller inlet holds it back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  5. #564
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Without wanting to play the typically arkward 'Reesy' style character here

    Wellys also worked OK, and made 411bhp.

    Then he swapped it out for a high flow inlet and released an extra 35bhp!

    Nice looking porting work. I'd love to see some testing back to back with an AUM and AGU inlet on a large port head, just to see how much the smaller inlet holds it back.
    Do I really portray the character of an awkward person (If the answer is yes, GREAT )

    I'd rather have an 'O.k' mani, then pay out £300 that I don't have for a high flow one..

  6. #565
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,455
    phelonelonelonelic spacer would mean a more gradual transition if their isnt enough material to remove.

  7. #566
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Do I really portray the character of an awkward person
    you're a ****

  8. #567
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,156

    Reesy's Slow Progress Thread (Major engine and turbo update)

    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    phelonelonelonelic spacer would mean a more gradual transition if their isnt enough material to remove.
    The phenolic gasket is also just good as an extra thing there to help heat soak.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  9. #568
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    1,239
    whats the best way to go about porting or getting the inlet mani to be somewhere near or match the largeport as im at this stage and carnt afford no large port inlet mani
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

  10. #569
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,169
    Dremel with a ton of flap wheels, what i did, although i did burn mine out and bought a new one so just be carefull.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  11. #570
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    When I looked into doing this on mine I dismissed it as there wasn't going to be enough material there to safely match it out to the large port head... I did think a bit of welding around the base of the runners could beef it up enough to allow for this but it was a lot of work for little gain seeing as a small port inlet will always be a small port inlet... this is why I used a transition phenolic...







    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  12. #571
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    1,239
    emm what to do ha so options either folk out or do what u have done tuffty is it easy done mate.

    also if im to buy a phenolic gasket what do i get largeport one or small port cheers
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

  13. #572
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    emm what to do ha so options either folk out or do what u have done tuffty is it easy done mate.

    also if im to buy a phenolic gasket what do i get largeport one or small port cheers
    To be honest, if just porting the mani worked on a 400+bhp S3, I think it'll work fine on mine. We are talking really fine margins here, between fitting the ported spacer and just porting the mani. I can't really see it being an issue as the majority of the mani is still going to be smallport.

    Gazz, pretty sure you get a smallport and port it out yourself, that's what westy did.
    dusty likes this.

  14. #573
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    emm what to do ha so options either folk out or do what u have done tuffty is it easy done mate.

    also if im to buy a phenolic gasket what do i get largeport one or small port cheers
    You will need cutting burrs and flap wheels etc to 'port' the inlet... I used a small port phenolic and port matched it between the large port head and small port inlet..

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  15. #574
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    1,239
    right thanks tuffty ill see if i can get odd of one if not will running the largeport head largeport phenolic gasket and small port inlet course owt mafor tuffty.
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

  16. #575
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    To be honest, if just porting the mani worked on a 400+bhp S3, I think it'll work fine on mine. We are talking really fine margins here, between fitting the ported spacer and just porting the mani. I can't really see it being an issue as the majority of the mani is still going to be smallport.

    Gazz, pretty sure you get a smallport and port it out yourself, that's what westy did.
    think ill just do that reesy if i carnt get the tools
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

  17. #576
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,169
    Mate the flap wheels cost me about a fiver off ebay and took about 4/5 to port match my mani so what it cost id do it, its just the time that sucks and also burning out ya dremel haha.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  18. #577
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    bradford
    Posts
    1,239
    Ok pal I'll look into it dan be wretch it
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

  19. #578
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Right, car progress has been a bit slow recently.

    As a few of you will know, went 1/2's on a Seat Leon Cupra as a bit of a track day toy/general hooning about car. Sold the hybrid off of it, so basically owes me nothing now. It's been stripped out and will be getting a very boosty map from Dan in the near future, might even get some bright orange littco/beachbuggy stickers for it..

    Anyway, nothing has progressed with mine, apart from it runs like a champ still.

    After chatting to Dan about the 'torque intervention' that westy's car was hitting, Dan is going to send me a map with that turned off for me to try. I'm slightly dubious as torque is generally what kills rods, but we'll see.

  20. #579
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    2,877
    Baaaaaaaaaaarp BANG!

    Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

  21. #580
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Baaaaaaaaaaarp BANG!
    we can but hope

  22. #581
    BENJAMIN's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    459
    I hope the rod leaves via the side of the block, goes through the bulkhead and hits you in the nuts.

  23. #582
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    we can but hope
    Quote Originally Posted by BENJAMIN View Post
    I hope the rod leaves via the side of the block, goes through the bulkhead and hits you in the nuts.
    Thanks alot


  24. #583
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,067
    nice thought!

    Back in the day, people used to lighten the standard cast iron flywheels on Minis for racing.

    Taking a cast flywheel and machine it down until it's about 10mm thick, then spinning at 8000rpm resulted in them shattering sometimes, and spinning off the crank, through the bulkhead, and through the drivers legs!

    Pretty scary thought really, just how close you're sat a turbo at well over 600 degrees, and heavy rotating steel parts travelling at 6-7000 rpm. the piston speed up and down the bore at 7k must be frightening!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  25. #584
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    nice thought!

    Back in the day, people used to lighten the standard cast iron flywheels on Minis for racing.

    Taking a cast flywheel and machine it down until it's about 10mm thick, then spinning at 8000rpm resulted in them shattering sometimes, and spinning off the crank, through the bulkhead, and through the drivers legs!

    Pretty scary thought really, just how close you're sat a turbo at well over 600 degrees, and heavy rotating steel parts travelling at 6-7000 rpm. the piston speed up and down the bore at 7k must be frightening!
    Death by denim is not an appealing thought.

  26. #585
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    nice thought!

    Back in the day, people used to lighten the standard cast iron flywheels on Minis for racing.

    Taking a cast flywheel and machine it down until it's about 10mm thick, then spinning at 8000rpm resulted in them shattering sometimes, and spinning off the crank, through the bulkhead, and through the drivers legs!

    Pretty scary thought really, just how close you're sat a turbo at well over 600 degrees, and heavy rotating steel parts travelling at 6-7000 rpm. the piston speed up and down the bore at 7k must be frightening!
    I'm so happy I drive a diesel.
    A4 B5 Double Din, RNS-d, TMC, Full Sports Leather Heated with Leather Door Cards and Lower Door trims all for sale.

    Audrey's Build Thread
    RIP Audrey. She's being broken down.
    New Car, New Thread.
    Scott's Akoya Silver A8

  27. #586
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    I'm so happy I drive a diesel.
    I'll never die of boredom behind the wheel of my car though..

  28. #587
    Syvo's Avatar
    IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    warrington
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    I'll never die of boredom behind the wheel of my car though..
    lmao







  29. #588
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Right, are misplacing my laptop for about 4 days, I have found it again and should be able to try the map without the torque limiter..

    After chatting to a couple of people in the know, I am also seriously tempted to get some non rifle drilled rods. The only ones known to have caused an issue are tufftys, yet Wellys, Daves, Bens, Alex's have all been fine. Besides, if in 1 - 2 years I decide they are ****, it's not the end of the world, that's if I even have the car then..

  30. #589
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Right, are misplacing my laptop for about 4 days, I have found it again and should be able to try the map without the torque limiter..

    After chatting to a couple of people in the know, I am also seriously tempted to get some non rifle drilled rods. The only ones known to have caused an issue are tufftys, yet Wellys, Daves, Bens, Alex's have all been fine. Besides, if in 1 - 2 years I decide they are ****, it's not the end of the world, that's if I even have the car then..
    The bottom line dude is that you roll the dice and take your chances. My rods did show signs of small end wear - however this was not the cause of my rattle.

    My rods did about 30K or HARD miles.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  31. #590
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    The bottom line dude is that you roll the dice and take your chances. My rods did show signs of small end wear - however this was not the cause of my rattle.

    My rods did about 30K or HARD miles.
    I think that most who get in the car with me would say that I drive my car pretty hard (as much as a k04 compared to a merhoosive turbo can be ), and only do about 12k a year.

  32. #591
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    I think that most who get in the car with me would say that I drive my car pretty hard (as much as a k04 compared to a merhoosive turbo can be ), and only do about 12k a year.
    I think that if you are going to use non RD rods, then driving it harder will actually help to be fair. More oil pressure, more splash lube actually getting to the wrist pin.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  33. #592
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I think that if you are going to use non RD rods, then driving it harder will actually help to be fair. More oil pressure, more splash lube actually getting to the wrist pin.
    That's what I mean, from what I have seen on here it seems the harder you drive, the better it'll be.

    Not sure that excuse will wash with the police, but meh.

  34. #593
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    That's what I mean, from what I have seen on here it seems the harder you drive, the better it'll be.

    Not sure that excuse will wash with the police, but meh.
    Well, the key point is they have to catch you first.... mwhahaha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  35. #594
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    On the back of a certain Mr Fred West's car finding a way to unlock some more bhp, I got Dan to do me a map with the torque intervention / restriction turned off. Logged the car this morning, 280bhp (224 g/s), stuck the map on this evening and went out for a drive. It was probably 5-6 degrees colder, but the car made 286bhp (229g/s) at what seems to be lower boost, with less of a spike.

    Doesn't sound a lot, but the car was running no timing at all. This bodes well for adding some timing in and gaining a few free bhp .

    Also took the car for a spastic drive, managed to get a seriously glowing manifold and some glow to the downpipe, which is interesting.. Managed to get hold of some of the s3 upper heatshielding, so need to get that fitted before next weeks track session.

    Overall, pretty happy with the new map and the way the car is running.

  36. #595
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,067
    Really gutted I'm not going to be at ADI on track this year. It's going to be a 300bhp ko4 convention out there!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  37. #596
    beachbuggy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,727
    Better see if we can find the extra...

  38. #597
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    To be honest, if just porting the mani worked on a 400+bhp S3, I think it'll work fine on mine. We are talking really fine margins here, between fitting the ported spacer and just porting the mani. I can't really see it being an issue as the majority of the mani is still going to be smallport.

    Gazz, pretty sure you get a smallport and port it out yourself, that's what westy did.
    To revive this a little.... after fitting my large port fabricated manifold I gained quite a bit of horse power... while I agree a 'ported' (and by porting its more port matching) small port manifold will 'work' on a 400hp 20v that doesn't make it right...

    I gained 17hp just by bolting on the new manifold and that wasn't at 400hp... there is a lot to be said about total flow...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  39. #598
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    To revive this a little.... after fitting my large port fabricated manifold I gained quite a bit of horse power... while I agree a 'ported' (and by porting its more port matching) small port manifold will 'work' on a 400hp 20v that doesn't make it right...

    I gained 17hp just by bolting on the new manifold and that wasn't at 400hp... there is a lot to be said about total flow...

    <tuffty/>

    I agree. I think the more air that can be flowed the better. Just a case of finances at the moment
    I'll try yours the evening of adi and post results?

    And my point was when it was all about a small port mani, i would agree that a large port would be better.

  40. #599
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    After nearly buying rods a few weeks ago, I decided I wasn't going to..

    As a bit of a rush job to try and get the large port on, and take away the risk of killing my car at ADI, I have bought some rods from a U.K supplier this morning, which will arrive tomorrow. It's basically cleaned me out until payday at the end of the month, but it'll be a lot more costly if the car goes bang. Plus with the head off, i can fit some heatshielding which is also necessary for ADI!

    Plan is head off and mani on large port tonight, rods in and large port back on tomorrow night. Get the map adjusted by Dan (thanks mate!) to take into account the extra airflow and the fact that I know it's not going to go bang, and champ around ADI until I crash it.

  41. #600
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Forgot to add that it seemed to be the general consensus (from everybody that had an interest in the 1.8T) that it was inevitable that I was going to blow my car up.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Few questions about BIG turbo conversions
    By Grant in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th January 2005, 18:07
  2. here are power maps of chipped and big turbo cars
    By dunk in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th January 2005, 18:37
  3. MTM big turbo
    By DuncS3 in forum Tuning
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th January 2005, 17:10
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 20th August 2004, 10:19
  5. Big Turbo Alternative
    By StephenBogan in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th May 2004, 12:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO