speeding

hopper

Reaction score
i have posted this in the general forum but does anybody no if there is a website that you can find out if you have been caught or not?

cheers guys

No there isn't, only a spoof website that generates random offences against your registration.

[ QUOTE ]
i have posted this in the general forum but does anybody no if there is a website that you can find out if you have been caught or not?

cheers guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear mate what have you been up to?

Not the ones on Festival Park?

Oh dear mate what have you been up to?

Not the ones on Festival Park?

[/ QUOTE ]

no i want mark, i was on the new part of the a500. it was a hand held camera on a bridge and a mate of mine seems to think that these can only do you when there is a car to pull you over at the end of the road but i doubt it.

lets just hope for the best ey

If you haven't had anything come through from the Police within 14 days of the day you committed the 'offence' then you're in the clear, unless the NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) has been sent to your company or lease company if the car isn't registered to you.

By law, the police must send the first NIP within 14 days of the office. Generally you will get something in the post about a week after the offence.

A handheld device must be able to record photographic evidence to be used against you. A speed gun (without camera) on its own can also result in prosecution if there is another police officer to witness the 'crime'.

For general information on the law related to speeding offences try taking a look at http://www.speed-trap.co.uk - The site isn't kept that up to date anymore but the information is still relevant.

Oh, and good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheers, it might be too late for this 1 but i think ill be investing in a snooper or similar very soon. so any advice on which would be appreciated

[ QUOTE ]

no i want mark, i was on the new part of the a500. it was a hand held camera on a bridge and a mate of mine seems to think that these can only do you when there is a car to pull you over at the end of the road but i doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope everything works out for yourself.

I see what in the 30MPH limit? Any other details?

[ QUOTE ]
cheers, it might be too late for this 1 but i think ill be investing in a snooper or similar very soon. so any advice on which would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the S5-R which is good for picking up radar/laser signals although it is pretty much well known that laser is a waste of time (laser guns don't give off much scatter and once the alarm bells start ringing your most likely to have been done already!). Anyway, the government are due to ban these types of devices soon so they will be rendered useless.

The best option is a GPS one like roadangel (seems to be the best). I have used the Snooper S4-Neo and wasn't really keen on it. If cost is an option there is a new GPS device out called Talex which got a good review on autoexpress and looks quite smart which is about half the cost of the others (including subscription...)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope everything works out for yourself.

I see what in the 30MPH limit? Any other details?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was down stapley water gardens end of the a500 not on the roadworks.

Leon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the government are due to ban these types of devices soon so they will be rendered useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's ok to break the law speeding, but not ok to break the law by using a laser detector?
Seems like a bit of a double standard to me. Why will these devices be rendered useless when the law changes? Everyones just going to chuck them in the bin and never speed again? I don't think so.
It's a bit like the law change on cannabis use. I didn't see anyone suddenly take up the drug just because it was now legal to smoke it, and I doubt anyone will be kicking the habit when they outlaw it again.
Accidents aren't being reduced by speed camera's, so the "safety campaigners" are blaming the use of detectors for not being able to catch the habitual speeder (obviously the habitual speeder is the one having all the accidents). Ban the detectors = more revenue for the gov't = no effect on accidents. It's obvious when you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Leon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the government are due to ban these types of devices soon so they will be rendered useless.

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's ok to break the law speeding, but not ok to break the law by using a laser detector?
Seems like a bit of a double standard to me. Why will these devices be rendered useless when the law changes? Everyones just going to chuck them in the bin and never speed again? I don't think so.
It's a bit like the law change on cannabis use. I didn't see anyone suddenly take up the drug just because it was now legal to smoke it, and I doubt anyone will be kicking the habit when they outlaw it again.
Accidents aren't being reduced by speed camera's, so the "safety campaigners" are blaming the use of detectors for not being able to catch the habitual speeder (obviously the habitual speeder is the one having all the accidents). Ban the detectors = more revenue for the gov't = no effect on accidents. It's obvious when you think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. Was only reading this evening that they are introducing more SPECS cameras on the roads. These are the ones that sit about 30ft high (so you can't see them), take digital photographs (24/7 money spinner) and are infra-red so can get you in the dark so there is no escape. These ones don't encourage safer driving just catch you when your not aware. What can you do. Even the RAC admit cameras are a blunt tool in the safety wars but the councils obviously see different....

I have a road angel and there is no way im going to throw it in the bin come the ban!

I also have a snooper jammer which is the only defence against the mobile laser guns. If they are going to sit in hidden sniper holes with their hairdryers then im going to jam their signal. f**k em!

I cant remember ever seeing these devices outside a school or busy residential area. They sit in 60 or 70 zones around blind corners so they see you first - sniper tactics!

SPEC's are definately the worst ones as they only seem to be sited on Motorways (M6 roadworks). They just look like traffic master camera's, can read your number plate and monitor you between 2 points then calculate your average speed over the set distance and issue an automatic ticket with a link to DVLA.
Road Angel (& other GPS devices) handle this really well, giving you an audible alert every 10 secs while you're being monitoredand showing your average speed on the screen.
Total revenue generator as not too many kids playing on the M6. The accident mongers on motorways are unroadworthy lorries anyway and these won't get caught, brilliant!
Just hope they never put SPEC's on the M6 toll road!

[ QUOTE ]
I have a road angel and there is no way im going to throw it in the bin come the ban!

[/ QUOTE ]

The GPS ones won't be banned fortunately as the ruling is that these don't detect/interfere with the radar/laser signals. Except of course if it has an add-on which will have to be removed otherwise it's a possible £1K fine and 6 points. The police should really concentrate on passing laws that keeps drivers who are banned, have no insurance etc etc off the roads and not legimate ones trying to keep their license. But as we all know drivers with no insurance don't pay fines....

RA2 has a built in laser detector, so jury's still out as to whether these are legal, or if the laser detector can be immobilised to make them legal.
IMO there is very little likelihood of getting caught with an illegal device as it would mean being stopped and the vehicle searched etc which, as we all know, is a move away from the current trend of camera's, automatic fine, guilty until proved innocent gov't mentality.
There were scaremongering reports on here awhile back about a guy having his car impounded for possession of a laser diffuser, and getting a custodial sentence, but he was picked up by over 40 mobile speed traps in a month, and none of them could get a reading off him, so he was taking the p*ss slightly, which would have attracted a lot of attention. In the real world we are only talking about 2 or 3 traps a year where we would possibly be breaking the speed limit and get caught out with a NIP, which is no way enough for Sherlock "Safety" Ref. to piece together a case, especially if the offences are cross counties.