audi s3 down pipe flexi

s3jrh

Reaction score
Hi there, my 2001 s3 recently started to give off a vibration up through the arm rest and the exhaust sounded burst when i revved it, but this only happens sometimes like after going over a bumpy road, so we have come to the conclusion its the front flexi and i was wondering if any one could tell me what size one is so i can order one and weld it in, replacing the fexi is cheaper than replacing the whole downpipe so i was just going to do that.
any advice greatly appreciated! cheers, Ross!

Is it a 3 inch downpipe? as they get pretty close to moving parts/chassis, i think it is unusual for these to fail, and maybe blowing manni/turbo or loose sheilds.

its just the standard down pipe thats why im trying to find out the size:S Im not sure myself whats up we it but i had 2 mechanics in the car with me an thats what they suggested:/ And its kinda hard to diagnose as it only happens sometimes. Bit of a bummer as im trying to sell the car and also have a 600 mile road trip planed next weekend.

Hi did you ever find out the size mat ei have the same problem with my S3.

Hi there! Nope still not got it fixed yet:( and i think my head gasket is on its way put so worrying about that just now:(

I think my A3's Doing the same, But im hoping to go Ko3s very soon so just gonna hold out and go to 3" Dp, I cant help you with the size but when you're planning to change it, Just chop it off, Measure it and buy the new one?